The Student Room Group

When you're depressed and nothing helps

Medication, therapy, mindfulness, self-help, I've seriously tried it all. And I don't know what to do anymore. The depression is getting worse and everyone's first instinct is to seek help but what happens once you've done that and it hasn't gotten better. The depression is consuming me and I'm not myself anymore, I've lost my 'me-ness'.

So I've lost (most) hope but a part of me wants to believe that something can be done, but there isn't. I'm honestly thinking of turning to drugs :/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm honestly thinking of turning to drugs :/

no.
Reply 2
Original post by Anon_98
no.

Why not? What else is there to do?
drugs wont make you happier, they genuinely wont, theyre just a way of trying to escape reality and fill that hole you have in your life right now because you cant find any meaning in yours but sooner or later after doing drugs, youll just realise its simply not a sollution and then pulling yourself out of that hole will be 5x as hard as the depressive one youre in now. what exactly makes you so depressed then?
When you say drugs do you mean anti depressants or er, other such drugs?
Reply 5
Original post by JNDSAN
drugs wont make you happier, they genuinely wont, theyre just a way of trying to escape reality and fill that hole you have in your life right now because you cant find any meaning in yours but sooner or later after doing drugs, youll just realise its simply not a sollution and then pulling yourself out of that hole will be 5x as hard as the depressive one youre in now. what exactly makes you so depressed then?

Dunno. I've got quite a good life, other than not having friends. Not having friends is not why I'm depressed though. I just am. I have been for 6 years, at first it was caused by a *****y situation and has continued ever since.
Reply 6
Original post by somemightsay888
When you say drugs do you mean anti depressants or er, other such drugs?

Other such drugs....
Reply 7
Why not? What else is there to do?

i have no idea what else you can do + i'm sorry for my useless advice but it isn't going to solve anything. please don't.

do you need someone to talk about it with? if you need someone to help in terms of just being a listening ear then..

like, if you need a friend to speak about it with then i'm here + i mean it.

that probably sounds really pathetic bc you say you've tried everything but do you have enough support?

if not then my inbox is always open, like, whenever/always.
Dunno. I've got quite a good life, other than not having friends. Not having friends is not why I'm depressed though. I just am. I have been for 6 years, at first it was caused by a *****y situation and has continued ever since.

if you pm me we can exchange messages, i understand your situation entirely
Reply 9
Original post by Anon_98
i have no idea what else you can do + i'm sorry for my useless advice but it isn't going to solve anything. please don't.

do you need someone to talk about it with? if you need someone to help in terms of just being a listening ear then..

like, if you need a friend to speak about it with then i'm here + i mean it.

that probably sounds really pathetic bc you say you've tried everything but do you have enough support?

if not then my inbox is always open, like, whenever/always.

Kind of you to offer.

I do have enough support, I'm currently involved with 2 mental health services but I'm discharging myself from these soon.
Doctors don't just hand them out anymore.
You need to find the right way to fix yourself-you are broken and only you can mend yourself.

(I got this quote off another TSRian)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RickmanAlways
You need to find the right way to fix yourself-you are broken and only you can mend yourself.

That would make a nice tumblr post.
What do you hope to achieve by taking drugs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drandy76
What do you hope to achieve by taking drugs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

An escape.
You've got the word chemistry in your avi, make it for me.
Does anyone live with depression that won't go away?
What medication have you tried?
Original post by stefano865
What medication have you tried?

For depression:

Fluoxetine
Sertraline
Mirtazipine
Quetiapine
Talk to mee 💖 Jks lol but if you want to then feel free ☺️

Quick Reply