Is BREXIT a form of theft?

Watch this thread
FredOrJohn
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Currently I, YOU , ME "OWN" these rights

https://www.gov.uk/working-abroad/overview

What UK government says:
have the same rights as nationals of the country you’re working in when it comes to:
  • working conditions
  • pay
  • social security (eg benefits)

Have Brexit voters "stolen" from us these rights?

What do you think have we been robbed?

Is that why so many people are spitting mad about Brexit?
IYGB
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Good morning Fred or John
JamesN88
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Did the Mods set you a daily thread limit when they unbanned you?
viffer
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
You know how you said you were "apparently" spamming ......
SaucissonSecCy
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
You're doing quite a good promotional job for Brexit mate,
ckfeister
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by FredOrJohn)
Currently I, YOU , ME "OWN" these rights

https://www.gov.uk/working-abroad/overview

What UK government says:
have the same rights as nationals of the country you’re working in when it comes to:
  • working conditions
  • pay
  • social security (eg benefits)
Have Brexit voters "stolen" from us these rights?

What do you think have we been robbed?

Is that why so many people are spitting mad about Brexit?
yes
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I love how all these salty remoaners are so sure that all this European law, esp with regard to employment law - will just disappear post Brexit

This stuff is all UK statute. It's UK law. Why would you think it would instantly change? If we didn't want it in the first place, we would have just done what everyone else in Europe does and just ignored it. Leaving the EU doesn't automatically repeal UK statute.
Trapz99
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
no it's not
pol pot noodles
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Trinculo)
I love how all these salty remoaners are so sure that all this European law, esp with regard to employment law - will just disappear post Brexit

This stuff is all UK statute. It's UK law. Why would you think it would instantly change? If we didn't want it in the first place, we would have just done what everyone else in Europe does and just ignored it. Leaving the EU doesn't automatically repeal UK statute.
From the sounds of the hyperbole from the Remain camp you'd think the UK used to be a savage, lawless barbaric land until the benevolent EU uplifted us. It's not like we pioneered modern human rights or anything.
999tigger
Report 6 years ago
Another bonkers thread. Not it isnt a form of theft.
ZeroFree
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Trinculo)

Given what the OP is referring to, no, our existing rights in the EU are not guaranteed by Brexit. This will come down to the exit negotiations.
Trinculo
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ZeroFree)
Given what the OP is referring to, no, our existing rights in the EU are not guaranteed by Brexit. This will come down to the exit negotiations.
They're current UK law. It's like saying that Brexit doesn't guarantee that murder will still be a crime. Why would we repeal any law? If we objected to it that much, we just wouldn't have had it in the first place.
similarBlank
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
See you when you next get unbanned. :ciao:
Spoiler:
Show
Or if you get unbanned.
FredOrJohn
Rep:
I certainly feel as I have been robbed by Brexiters.
They gain nothing by us leaving but people who work in the EU (like me) lose (or EU'ers working here lose) their whole livelihood.

I would say, it feels like to me that Brexiting is verging on criminal, I know its not literally criminal, I am saying emotionally
it feels like a major crime has been committed on the UK and EU - because of the potential mass unemployment done to ordinary
people who have not done any harm to any brexiters..

That is how it feels like, I do know in reality, a brexiter is not a criminal.
JamaicanMeKrazy
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Brexit stole OP's sanity.
math42
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
This thread stole my time.
I'm sending you the bill.
Gnat
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by FredOrJohn)
I certainly feel as I have been robbed by Brexiters.
They gain nothing by us leaving but people who work in the EU (like me) lose (or EU'ers working here lose) their whole livelihood.

I would say, it feels like to me that Brexiting is verging on criminal, I know its not literally criminal, I am saying emotionally
it feels like a major crime has been committed on the UK and EU - because of the potential mass unemployment done to ordinary
people who have not done any harm to any brexiters..

That is how it feels like, I do know in reality, a brexiter is not a criminal.
*******s and *******s.
Mimir
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Oooh.

Rule of Law trying to be mashed onto politics. Good luck.
Mimir
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by similarBlank)
See you when you next get unbanned. :ciao:
Spoiler:
Show
Or if you get unbanned.
BANNED for using a spoiler :banned:
FredOrJohn
Rep:
(Original post by Mimir)
Oooh.

Rule of Law trying to be mashed onto politics. Good luck.
Two lots of people in UK:

a) Those who work or live from time to time in the EU
b) Those who do not...

BREXIT means to these two groups (best case scenario) :
(group a) WORSE LIFE (group b) NO CHANGE

REMAIN means to these two groups:
(group a) NO CHANGE (group b) NO CHANGE

Thus, its clear that a BREXIT voter gains nothing but a REMAIN person actually loses stuff.

This is not normally considered democratic - the minorities are meant to be looked after if there is nothing to be gained by the majority by taking the minorities rights away.

Its like making homosexuality illegal - There is nothing to be gained by non-homosexuals by such a law but homosexuals lose.

A REMAIN person is like a homosexual in pre 1960s Britain.... We have lost our rights to work, live , health in the vast majority of our continent. Its a dark dark dark time for our nation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (8)
24.24%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (10)
30.3%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (2)
6.06%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (3)
9.09%
Reading articles about what steps to take (6)
18.18%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
6.06%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads