Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Basically, some group of lads I met at pres with my girlfriend invite her out clubbing at weekends.. They seem like a decent bunch of guys but from my experience girls usually die out the mood of a lads night, and I just don't see the point of her going out, dancing and getting smashed with some almost random guy friends? I've been on holiday for the past 2 weeks maybe I'm just being an idiot, but what would you people in a relationship think?

ReputationRep:
    are your group of lads inviting their gf's too?

ReputationRep:
    op confirmed cuck

ReputationRep:
    Oh man...
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    I would act cool and say you are free that evening to and ask if you can come along and meet them or if you don't want to be that forward you could hint that you want to go until she offers. Best thing is to keep calm and try not to act jealous. Best thing will be to meet them and see what they are like and hopefully it will put your mind at rest and you might both gain some good friends out of the experience. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically, some group of lads I met at pres with my girlfriend invite her out clubbing at weekends.. They seem like a decent bunch of guys but from my experience girls usually die out the mood of a lads night, and I just don't see the point of her going out, dancing and getting smashed with some almost random guy friends? I've been on holiday for the past 2 weeks maybe I'm just being an idiot, but what would you people in a relationship think?
    Because she considers it to be fun? because she wants to? Because they are her mates? Because their humour matches her humour?

My partner goes out with guys and girls, we live a fair distance from each other so i dont get even a polite cursory invite. I go out with my friends and dont invite her and my best friend is female. Its not an issue for me or her.

ReputationRep:
    it's not weird for her to go out with guys, especially if the group contains girls too... if she had a group of guy friends that would still be okay in my book but it's definitely weird to go on a night out with a random group of guys she doesn't know, I wouldn't be happy with it either and tbh I would be telling her to be careful of her safety as she doesn't know these guys and it's strange they invited her and not you

ReputationRep:
    Coming from someone who is close with a lot of her boyfriends mates, I could see why you're concerned. I think the best thing to do is to continue going out with these lads and having a good laugh, but keep them 'at an arm's length'. Alternatively, you could get your girlfriend to bring some of her mates along to 'brighten the atmosphere', with also less worry of anything 'funny' going on. When I am out with my boyfriend and his mates (who are now also my mates) I would also make sure some of my friends came who were also mutual friends with my boyfriend's group. I secretly believe it put him at ease and did in the end provide a better atmosphere.

ReputationRep:
    Now that you're back, it'll be interesting to see if they invite you too :lol:

Oh no guys, I'm still on holiday! It's just them and her :/ thanks for the advice so far!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.