Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm on holiday at the moment. First time without my parents and first time being abroad for 9 years. I'm okay in the day but in the evening my anxiety hits and I can't eat, I feel sick, worried, uneasy etc and this really isn't like me at all. Normally my appetite is good and I'm always happy. I'm away for 14 days and I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before? Or know what I could do about it (it's happened since I got here two days ago)
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Emeliaaaaa)
    So I'm on holiday at the moment. First time without my parents and first time being abroad for 9 years. I'm okay in the day but in the evening my anxiety hits and I can't eat, I feel sick, worried, uneasy etc and this really isn't like me at all. Normally my appetite is good and I'm always happy. I'm away for 14 days and I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before? Or know what I could do about it (it's happened since I got here two days ago)
    Sorry to hear - through my anxiety, I've had similar symptoms. Try to eat small but regular meals if you can to make sure you're still eating enough. See if you can keep yourself busy too throughout the day while on holiday so that you don't feel too anxious then. Hopefully it should also tire you out so that you can fall asleep at night.

Can you Skype your parents or something too? *

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.