The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria Accommodation

Hey,
Anyone opting for off campus accommodation such as private rented student halls?
Can someone please help me with a shortlist of the best private student halls?
Thanks- R
Reply 1
Original post by Rhe!
Hey,
Anyone opting for off campus accommodation such as private rented student halls?
Thanks- R

Hey there is a website that list all of the private halls in newcastle, I've left campus accommodation too late to apply for so i'm going with 'Garth Heads' in the city centre. I visited it the other day and it seems pretty good for £99pw, bigger than any £99pw campus accommodation. I would say that if you were to pick this one, that there is very little (if any) size difference between the more expensive bedroom options.

The website - http://www.accommodationforstudents.com/studentprivatehalls/studentaccommodation_lphs_Newcastle.asp

Remember that the 'start from' price i the cheapest and if you dont want 51 weeks, the price per week goes up quite a bit.

hope this helps!
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Hey Kstim, thanks a lot. Really helpful!
Original post by Rhe!
Hey,
Thanks- R

Hi Rhe,

We've got some places you could take a look at?
Jesmond Apartments and Melbourne Apartments, they have all their bills included in the price to help make the the year less stressful.
If you take a liking to either of them there is currently an offer of £500 cash back or free parking for the next 20 bookings.

I wish you luck with your search, and if you have any questions i'm more than happy to help.

Callum.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Collegiate Accommodation
Hi Rhe,

We've got some places you could take a look at?
Jesmond Apartments and Melbourne Apartments, they have all their bills included in the price to help make the the year less stressful.
If you take a liking to either of them there is currently an offer of £500 cash back or free parking for the next 20 bookings.

I wish you luck with your search, and if you have any questions i'm more than happy to help.

Callum.

Hey Callum,
The Melbourne apartments and Plummer house look great but it's sadly out of my budget.
Are there any deals to help international students?
Original post by Rhe!
Hey Callum,
The Melbourne apartments and Plummer house look great but it's sadly out of my budget.

Rhe,

As far as i'm aware, we don't personally have any deals, however if you haven't done so already you could potentially get in contact with your Uni and inquire about the possibility of getting a student grant.
Other than that i'm not sure what else would be possible.

Kind regards,

Callum.
Original post by Rhe!
Hey Callum,

I'll leave you the contact information for the two sites you mentioned, as they may have answered someone with a similar enquiry already, and might be able to give you a better answer than i have. :h:

Plummer house:
Tel - 01914 841 287
Email - [email protected]

Melbourne:
Tel - 0191 484 1286
Email - [email protected]

Callum.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Kstim
Hey there is a website that list all of the private halls in newcastle, I've left campus accommodation too late to apply for so i'm going with 'Garth Heads' in the city centre. I visited it the other day and it seems pretty good for £99pw, bigger than any £99pw campus accommodation. I would say that if you were to pick this one, that there is very little (if any) size difference between the more expensive bedroom options.

The website - http://www.accommodationforstudents.com/studentprivatehalls/studentaccommodation_lphs_Newcastle.asp

Remember that the 'start from' price i the cheapest and if you dont want 51 weeks, the price per week goes up quite a bit.

hope this helps!

Hey there, I'm literally in the same boat as you I left booking accommodation too late and in September I'll be coming down for first year. I saw Garth heads the other day but wasn't too sure if I should pick private accommodation, what would you recommend?
Reply 8
Original post by roman707
Hey there, I'm literally in the same boat as you I left booking accommodation too late and in September I'll be coming down for first year. I saw Garth heads the other day but wasn't too sure if I should pick private accommodation, what would you recommend?

hey roman707, I am currently choosing between liberty quay studios, stepney yard and burgess house as they offer bigger rooms compared to garth heads. What uni are you joining and what course?!
Reply 9
Original post by Rhe!
hey roman707, I am currently choosing between liberty quay studios, stepney yard and burgess house as they offer bigger rooms compared to garth heads. What uni are you joining and what course?!

I checked those out they looked pretty good and in my budget but I think stepney yard was fully booked when I checked it the other day! I've joined the waiting list for stepney yard so fingers crossed. I'm going to Northumbria too and joining the Law course, what course are you doing?
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey everyone :smile: I am a re-booker. I recommend Knoll Court Student Accommodation in Newcastle City Centre, It is 99 per week. (EN-SUITE) They do 44 or 51 week contracts and the price does not change! http://www.touchstonestudentli​ving.co.uk/locations/newcastle​/
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
If anybody is still looking for a nice place to stay I have a large bedroom in a two bed, privately rented house! Got an ad on spareroom so go have a look and please get in touch! It's available immediately. :smile:http://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/tyne_and_wear/wallsend/5929456
Hi, I'm starting this September too... studying design! I'm thinking The Shield looks really good. Its brand new for this september but the company FRESHSTUDENTLIVING has accommodation all over the country. I'd check it out...

Just couldn't justify the prices northumbria were asking for the quality and size of the halls.... :smile:
Hi,

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in here.

You might want to take a look at The Shield student accommodation building in Shieldfield, a 5 minute walk away from campus.

We're a brand new building so you would be the first to live there. We've got both Studios and Cluster apartments, and lots of social rooms like a gym and cinema room so you can get involved in a whole host of events.

Like our Facebook page to have a look at our pictures and competitions:
@TheShieldUK

If you’re interested, check out our website: www.freshstudentliving.co.uk/theshield

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks,
Lucy @ The Shield
Hi,

I'm a final year Economics student at Northumbria living in private accommodation (Union Square), which is owned by the same people that have Stepney Yard. We have had a nightmare this year with getting hidden fees and generally bad customer service from Exchange Residential considering we pay a hell of a lot (£507 per month). However, a new company has just taken over which may be better, and the apartments themselves are really nice and modern. The Shield accommodation which is being built over the road from Union Square looks really impressive!
Original post by JamesRobertson
Hi,

I'm a final year Economics student at Northumbria living in private accommodation (Union Square), which is owned by the same people that have Stepney Yard. We have had a nightmare this year with getting hidden fees and generally bad customer service from Exchange Residential considering we pay a hell of a lot (£507 per month). However, a new company has just taken over which may be better, and the apartments themselves are really nice and modern. The Shield accommodation which is being built over the road from Union Square looks really impressive!

Hi,

Yes, The Shield is new and fresh - we'd love to show you around? We've got a marketing suite on Ridley Place in Newcastle City Centre.

Although Union Square and Stepney Yard are lovely buildings too!

Thanks
Lucy @ The Shield
Original post by Kstim

hope this helps!

Hi Kstim,

Why not take a look at Knoll Court, Newcastle?
All our rooms are en-suite and have been refurbished (along with the kitchens!)

We have rooms from £101 per week.

http://thestudenthousingcompany.com/...e/knoll-court/

Bills are included in the price to help make life easier!

We wish you the best of luck with your accommodation search, and if you have any questions please let me know
Reply 17
Original post by roman707
I checked those out they looked pretty good and in my budget but I think stepney yard was fully booked when I checked it the other day! I've joined the waiting list for stepney yard so fingers crossed. I'm going to Northumbria too and joining the Law course, what course are you doing?

Hi Rhe! If you're interested in a studio, I'm looking for a replacement tennant for mine at Union Square. I signed for a Stepney Studio, and i'm changing to a different uni so I need a replacement. If you're interested please let me know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest