The Student Room Group

Proof of residence

Hi,
I am an EU national and already applied for a postgraduate loan.Now, I am a little bit confused about the residence eligibility.

The website says that I need to live in the UK before the start of the academic year (31 August) but I originally planned to move to the UK by the end of September.
So I called the SFE-Team but I got 2 different answers. One staff member told me that I need to be in the UK on the 31 of August and send them my flight ticket and a bank statement with regular activity in UK. The other one told me that they don’t really check it.

Would you mind clarifying this for me please? If I am not living in England by September 1st will I still be eligible? And does SFE really check that?

Thank you very much
Anna
Hi AH11

We have had some confusion around this.

If you are an EU national you must be in the UK on the 1st day of your course starting.

Thanks
Reply 2
Hi Morven,

thanks for your answer but now I am even more confused.

So it is ok when arrive in Uk by the end of September when my course starts on the 3rd of Ocotber?

Regards

Anna
Hi AH11

Yes, as long as you are in the UK for the first day of your course.

thanks
Reply 4
If I'm an EU national who moved in the UK last October, I'm normally employed, have a bank account and NIN, but won't be phisically in the UK due to a holiday, does it still count as "being in the UK on the 1st of September"?
Yes. it's to do with where you ordinarily reside, rather than holidays.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending