Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New A-Level Resource Site To Help Your Transition From GCSE! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, fellow students and I came together to design this site. It allows you to complete past papers multiple choice questions in an interactive online way. If you want to get ahead on next years courses, you can check it out and see the resources listed! Any feedback would be appreciated!

The site is: www.Alevelprep.com

ReputationRep:
    Great concept bro!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Any feedback?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbaig27)
    Any feedback?
    its ok but not that useful because i didnt learn anything

ReputationRep:
    Any feedback?
    Very good!

ReputationRep:
    Good layout designs, however not enough subject choices for example Geography, Sociology etc. and not enough exam boards there's only Edexcel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight15)
    Good layout designs, however not enough subject choices for example Geography, Sociology etc. and not enough exam boards there's only Edexcel
    There is also AQA in there, but I get where you're coming from. Adding more subjects and exam boards was always the plan but only once we know the idea will be successful and students would actually use it, hence why I would like feedback.

ReputationRep:
    Too shame will be doing OCR
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Hey guys, fellow students and I came together to design this site. It allows you to complete past papers multiple choice questions in an interactive online way. If you want to get ahead on next years courses, you can check it out and see the resources listed! Any feedback would be appreciated!

Good concept to have so many different subjects all in one place, and clearly layed out without much clutter or navigation. Where's the maths though?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad

Furthermore:

- While I'm on the "Useful Textbooks" page, 2 things: (1) It might be useful to separate these subjects into different dropdowns rather than to rely on the user to scroll until he sees what he/she needs. Similarly "YouTube Channels" and "Useful Websites" can be improved in the same way. And (2) on the dropdown menu, if you look at the bottom, you can see extra doesn't have an 'r' in it, so check the spellings for any errors

- If you plan on making a maths section, please make sure users are able to lay clearly give their answers by means of LaTex formatting or anything simpler (though it would be much better to simply incorporate something that does it right away; for example, if I press Shift+6 I'd expect to enter an exponent rather than an ^ symbol). This is because across the A-Level questions which you may put up, the answers would require you to use brackets, indices, special notation like sums, fractions, etc... which can get confusing using simple text. In addition, if you want to create a maths section but don't have any people for it, I can lend you a hand with some questions and resources on topics, however I'm only familiar with exam AQA's board.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDKGames)
    Furthermore:

- While I'm on the "Useful Textbooks" page, 2 things: (1) It might be useful to separate these subjects into different dropdowns rather than to rely on the user to scroll until he sees what he/she needs. Similarly "YouTube Channels" and "Useful Websites" can be improved in the same way. And (2) on the dropdown menu, if you look at the bottom, you can see extra doesn't have an 'r' in it, so check the spellings for any errors

- If you plan on making a maths section, please make sure users are able to lay clearly give their answers by means of LaTex formatting or anything simpler (though it would be much better to simply incorporate something that does it right away; for example, if I press Shift+6 I'd expect to enter an exponent rather than an ^ symbol). This is because across the A-Level questions which you may put up, the answers would require you to use brackets, indices, special notation like sums, fractions, etc... which can get confusing using simple text. In addition, if you want to create a maths section but don't have any people for it, I can lend you a hand with some questions and resources on topics, however I'm only familiar with exam AQA's board.
    Thanks for the feedback! As you can see by subjects like chemistry, we're very careful with the notation so no need to worry about that!

Thanks for pointing out the spelling error and we'll fix that ASAP.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.