Who is your favourite actor/actress?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This was inspired by a comment made in another thread of mine about the best film for each genre (shameless plug )

The term actor is referring to female and male, as I wasn't sure whether to use the term 'actress' or not, but that doesn't matter to this discussion!

My personal favourite is Christopher Waltz. I think he is a brilliant actor and has been in some of my favourite films, including Django Unchained and Inglorious Basterds

Who is your favourite?

ReputationRep:
    Really like Jake Gyllenhaal these days

Leo, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Chris Pratt,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewSCO)

I liked him in Source Code, was a really good film!

But I completely agree with your list - Chris Pratt has really propelled himself into stardom recently too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    I liked him in Source Code, was a really good film!

But I completely agree with your list - Chris Pratt has really propelled himself into stardom recently too
    I love him in Zodiac, Prisoners and Nightcrawler, not seen Source Code yet (or Southpaw which he was also in).

Lol Chris Pratt and Dwayne Johnson are like the go-to people now. They get linked to about 3 new movies a week :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Benedict Cumberbatch :love:
    David Tennant :love:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    and andrew cos he recently got filmed or soming

ReputationRep:
    Michael sheen-daniel redcliffe

ReputationRep:
    I love him in Zodiac, Prisoners and Nightcrawler, not seen Source Code yet (or Southpaw which he was also in).

Lol Chris Pratt and Dwayne Johnson are like the go-to people now. They get linked to about 3 new movies a week :laugh:
    I really wanted to see this, but then it got taken off of Sky Go I think I just remember the advert and it was him repeating the phrase 'you gotta buy a ticket' or something like that? :lol: Looked really good though!

Yes Dwayne Johnson has come really far too! They're both awesome :ahee:

(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I like Cumberbatch but David Tennant... I have a love-hate relationship with him! I liked him as Kilgrave in Jessica Jones

ReputationRep:
    Many actors/actresses are my favourites.

Three off the top of my head are Liam Neeson, Shia LaBeouf and Zooey Deschanel

ReputationRep:
    Juliette Lewis,Kevin Spacey

ReputationRep:
    Charlize Theron is one of my favourite actresses :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    If it is an action film, especially the fast and furious parts, Vin Diesel. If it has to be sophisticated entertainment, it is Leonardo Di Caprio or Tom Hanks. If it is an martial arts film, its Jet Lee, but Jackie Chan, if it is mixed with comedy.*

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Lol not yet, but watch out for me in next year's Oscars

I really wanted to see this, but then it got taken off of Sky Go I think I just remember the advert and it was him repeating the phrase 'you gotta buy a ticket' or something like that? :lol: Looked really good though!

I like Cumberbatch but David Tennant... I have a love-hate relationship with him! I liked him as Kilgrave in Jessica Jones
    You should watch it! One of the few movies I enjoy solely on the actor's performance in it. It's quite a slow burner but Gyllenhaal is fantastic in it.

ReputationRep:
    NICOLAS CAGE

ReputationRep:
    ScarJo and I think maybe Idris Elba

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Professor Oak)
    NICOLAS CAGE

ReputationRep:
    For actresses I'll say Alicia Vikander, Zoe Saldana, Brie Larson and Rachael McAdams

ReputationRep:
    Another actors:

When I am thinking about good old time films (80s up to 90s), Meg Ryan and Jack Nicholson are adding to my favorite list.*

ReputationRep:
    How can you not like david tennant? :unimpressed:
    Charlize theron i agree with u but i also like amy adams and obvs emma watson

Lol not yet, but watch out for me in next year's Oscars

You should watch it! One of the few movies I enjoy solely on the actor's performance in it. It's quite a slow burner but Gyllenhaal is fantastic in it.
    Can't wait :daydreaming:
    Mention that i called this moment in ur thanks speech XD

ReputationRep:
    How can you not like david tennant? :unimpressed:
    Charlize theron i agree with u but i also like amy adams and obvs emma watson

Can't wait :daydreaming:
    Mention that i called this moment in ur thanks speech XD
    I will do

Before security quickly tackle me off the stage

ReputationRep:
    I will do

Before security quickly tackle me off the stage
    Fite em Andrew

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What are you?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.