The Student Room Group

Get your personal statement reviewed by a TSR PS reviewer before you submit

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pineapplepink
Hi! In the title of the thread you create, what should you include? I want to make sure I do it right. :h:

You mean for a PS review? The key info is having your course info (so e.g. 'Economics PS')
Original post by Interrobang
You mean for a PS review? The key info is having your course info (so e.g. 'Economics PS')

yes and thanks :smile:
Would someone be able to check I have put my personal statement in the right place? Thank you:h:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by redoubtable
Would someone be able to check I have put my personal statement in the right place? Thank you:h:

:yep:
hi! could you check if I put my PS in the right place as well? thank you so much:h:
Original post by quackxk
hi! could you check if I put my PS in the right place as well? thank you so much:h:

Yes, I can see it (I'm a PS Reviewer) and it's in the correct place :yep:
Is it true you have to pay for this? I was reading a thread and someone said it's 70 quid lmao.
And can you submit more than one draft, if you've edited/improved it?
Original post by Qxi.xli
Is it true you have to pay for this? I was reading a thread and someone said it's 70 quid lmao.
And can you submit more than one draft, if you've edited/improved it?

No, it's free :smile:
You submit your final draft (after it's been read by teachers etc.), but if they have time they may review your amendments after their recommendations too (but they don't guarantee this, it depends how busy the service is and when you submit relative to your deadline etc.)
hey,

I will be reapplying to university for 2022 so I might post my PS later in the year. But there's one thing that bothers me, are you sure that the UCAS plagiarism doesn't check if the PS was submitted in the private forum?
Original post by Kubsyy
hey,

I will be reapplying to university for 2022 so I might post my PS later in the year. But there's one thing that bothers me, are you sure that the UCAS plagiarism doesn't check if the PS was submitted in the private forum?

There are dozens of PSs in the private forum right now. Neither you or UCAS’s webcrawling software can see them.
can I post one of my drafts, if it isn't the final one? My teacher is taking a really long time to get back to me with feedback, but I know it needs improvement but I just need someone to tell me what I need to do..
Thanks
Original post by rxrx2004
can I post one of my drafts, if it isn't the final one? My teacher is taking a really long time to get back to me with feedback, but I know it needs improvement but I just need someone to tell me what I need to do..
Thanks

We can only guarantee one review, which is why we ask for a final draft as there can be simple things that other people like teachers and parents can pick up. This means you can get the most out of your review. Unless you are applying for medicine/Oxbridge, you have plenty of time, and even if you are, there will still be time if your tutor looks at it in early Sept
Hi, can anyone see my thread? :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Qxi.xli
Hi, can anyone see my thread? :smile:

Can confirm it's in the right (secure/safe) forum :yep:
If I submitted it now, will I get it in 2 weeks?
Thanks
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by rxrx2004
If I submitted it now, will I get it in 2 weeks?
Thanks

We aim to do reviews within 5 days of when it is tagged to be reviewed
If I’ve used the service last year but am reapplying can I use it again?
Original post by Year12Studentt
If I’ve used the service last year but am reapplying can I use it again?

yes
How can we get the review service and where to upload it
Thank you
Original post by mano198
How can we get the review service and where to upload it
Thank you

You click on this link https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1372 and start your own thread (the forum should look completely blank to you but there will be a 'start new discussion' button or whatever the wording is for creating a thread) :biggrin: Don't forget to say which unis you're applying to, and to confirm that this is your final draft (in the sense that teachers and family have looked at previous drafts) :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending