The Student Room Group

Get your personal statement reviewed by a TSR PS reviewer before you submit

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luke9380
Do you HAVE to use the personal statement builder? I tried it but i have a vaguely different structure so i have to cut and change bits from the original paragraph to the required section and ended up with 200 words more than in my original personal statement somehow even though i thought i cut them out Additionally my personal statement is 4,131 characters which is within the guidelines for personal statement reviewing but not for the personal statement editor

No you don't have to, but it's a good prompt for how to write a OS
Hi,

I’d like to help review students PS. I can’t find the ‘Ask a CT’ thread’ I’ve had a look around but no luck.

If anyone could shoot me the link I’d really appreciate it :smile:
Original post by MedicalMuffins
Hi,

I’d like to help review students PS. I can’t find the ‘Ask a CT’ thread’ I’ve had a look around but no luck.

If anyone could shoot me the link I’d really appreciate it :smile:

Ask the Community Staff :h:
Original post by MedicalMuffins
Thank you!

You're welcome!
Original post by She-Ra
Post any questions you have about the PS review service here :h:

Hi, I would like to learn more about joining the reviewer team.
Original post by AlexTon
Hi, I would like to learn more about joining the reviewer team.

This thread talks about it :smile: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6107640
Hello! Would you prefer the personal statement to be typed in or as an attachment? (I added mine as an attachment but I can go back and edit if so required)
Original post by fatima.zahra
Hello! Would you prefer the personal statement to be typed in or as an attachment? (I added mine as an attachment but I can go back and edit if so required)

In a normal post is better rather than as an attachment, but it can be reviewed either way
Original post by Interrobang
In a normal post is better rather than as an attachment, but it can be reviewed either way

thank you!
Where can I upload it?
thanks a lot
Thanks man
Hi, is there by any chance a similar service for academic CVs? I realise they're pretty straight forward but sometimes its good to have someone look over it to see it makes sense or if some parts seem unnecessary.
Original post by C'est me
Hi, is there by any chance a similar service for academic CVs? I realise they're pretty straight forward but sometimes its good to have someone look over it to see it makes sense or if some parts seem unnecessary.

Not 100% sure about academic CVs but TSR does run a CV advice service :smile:
@threeportdrift do you have a link which tells users about it by any chance?
Original post by C'est me

Yup, I can do academic CVs, just open a thread in the CV Help forum and upload your CV as a Word doc, telling me what you are applying for and I can take a look.
Original post by She-Ra
Post any questions you have about the PS review service here :h:

Typically how many posts do you have to make to be considered earlier? If one has not made a significant number of posts, how long does it typically take for replying?

Thanks!
Original post by cwx12345
Typically how many posts do you have to make to be considered earlier? If one has not made a significant number of posts, how long does it typically take for replying?

Thanks!

I believe it's 100 posts :smile:
Reply times will vary depending on how busy they are!
Thanks!
I'm applying to university later this year and was wondering whether or not this is still running :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending