POLL: Desktop browsers

Watch
Poll: Which desktop browser do you use most?
Chrome (49)
69.01%
Firefox (8)
11.27%
Internet Explorer (1)
1.41%
Safari (8)
11.27%
Edge (1)
1.41%
Opera (2)
2.82%
Other (2)
2.82%
Unown Uzer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Which desktop browser do you use most?

Please also check out this poll on mobile OS: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4237166
sketchymofo2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
firefox but only because i cant be asked to try and change < lazy that way.
Leviathan1741
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Chrome, but I use Edge sometimes too
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Use chrome on my laptop, and like that it syncs through between Mac and Windows, which is helpful!
AndrewSCO
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Chrome is the way to go
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
NCSA Mosaic.
NotNotBatman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Opera is my main one. I use google chrome also, but much less.
TheConfusedMedic
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Let's be real - the only reason most people use Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge is to download Google Chrome :lol:
sdotd
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Microsoft edge is a pretty big improvement on internet explorer but it's still not as good as chrome.
cranbrook_aspie
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I use Safari - I didn't really have a choice as it came with my Mac, but I previously used Internet Explorer and Google Chrome and I find it to be less laggy and generally more capable of doing what I want it to than both, and also I much prefer the look and layout of Safari from a cosmetic point of view.
Unown Uzer
Rep:
?
(Original post by sdotd)
Microsoft edge is a pretty big improvement on internet explorer but it's still not as good as chrome.
Hi, you're in the wrong TSR political party, by the way. Come back!
sdotd
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Unown Uzer)
Hi, you're in the wrong TSR political party, by the way. Come back!
sorry mate haha. I had no other choice really as I was deselected
Unown Uzer
Rep:
?
(Original post by sdotd)
sorry mate haha. I had no other choice really as I was deselected
If you come back, I can give you a seat when we have one free, as long as you maintain a 100% voting record. You don't even get a seat by being in the Tories.
sdotd
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Unown Uzer)
If you come back, I can give you a seat when we have one free, as long as you maintain a 100% voting record. You don't even get a seat by being in the Tories.
Maybe I'll consider in the future but at the moment I'm very busy so I wont make a good MP at the moment
username2653977
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I used to be a very Google-orientated person but since I got my MacBook Pro a couple of Xmas's ago, I can safely say that Safari is a better browser, it has a much lower CPU usage and is just generally less-buggy and more useful than Chrome. Particularly because of the Chrome ecosystem on MacOS where it forces you to download strange app folders and f***s with your directories. For the people that voted Chrome, have you ever used Safari properly? For those who voted Edge: :rip:
spotify95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I used to use Chrome up until September 2015. On September 1st, I switched to SlimJet (based on Chromium) after Google dropped NPAPI plugin support, which is what Java, Silverlight and Google Hangouts (amongst others) uses.

I do use Chrome and Firefox as secondary browsers, though.
fksociety
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by spotify95)
I used to use Chrome up until September 2015. On September 1st, I switched to SlimJet (based on Chromium) after Google dropped NPAPI plugin support, which is what Java, Silverlight and Google Hangouts (amongst others) uses.

I do use Chrome and Firefox as secondary browsers, though.
why tf would you remember the date you switched
inhuman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by GaryIsASloth)
I used to be a very Google-orientated person but since I got my MacBook Pro a couple of Xmas's ago, I can safely say that Safari is a better browser, it has a much lower CPU usage and is just generally less-buggy and more useful than Chrome. Particularly because of the Chrome ecosystem on MacOS where it forces you to download strange app folders and f***s with your directories. For the people that voted Chrome, have you ever used Safari properly? For those who voted Edge: :rip:
Why would people use Safari on Windows? And why are you so pretentious to say people don't use a browser "properly"?
Helloworld_95
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Chrome because I'm not a savage
cakesquared
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
chrome obvious
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (98)
61.64%
No (61)
38.36%

Watched Threads