Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    do you think i would be given a offer at UCL.. if i got the following:
    GCSES: 3A*'s 4A's 3B's
    A-Levels: Maths-A2-A grade, Economics-A2-A grade, Physics-A2-B grade, and Business Studies-AS-A grade..

and this would be for a degree in Statistics, Economics and Finance

ReputationRep:
    Now I'm no UCL expert, but those grades are enough to get in anywhere, if your Personal Statement/Reference and any interview you are asked to do are all ok.

ReputationRep:
    One can never say you'll definitely get in, but the grades you've got certainly are good enough.

ReputationRep:
    Thats a collection of very respectable grades, and I would say you've a very high chance to get into most courses. Just make sure you can make a solid personal statement and get a nice reference for you, and you'll do well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kay999)
    Snap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kay999)
    A-Levels: Maths-A2-A grade, Economics-A2-A grade, Physics-A2-B grade, and Business Studies-AS-A grade..

and this would be for a degree in Statistics, Economics and Finance

I thought that you have to have 3A's at [email protected] for UCL???? I've got the same a-levels and fear i might get a B in physics aswell. So can are you guys sure you can get in???

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the course. Some offers are lower.

ReputationRep:
    im not so sure, i think you have to have AAA for that course unless you hae done further maths, in which case it would be AAB

ReputationRep:
    come on guys! AAB is not enough to get in anywhere..

ReputationRep:
    Pfft I got AABB and got in... your personal statement is very important I think, I had a good one and it definitely helped.

ReputationRep:
    sure but it's not enough to get in anywhere...it's not like if you get into ucl you can suddenly get in anywhere (im hoping to go to ucl so i should be biased here :P)

ReputationRep:
    Anything at UCL which has an Economics component will usually require AAA or AAB if one of the subjects is Further Maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkane)
    Anything at UCL which has an Economics component will usually require AAA or AAB if one of the subjects is Further Maths.
    same with maths dept, except the joint courses are all AAA. if you dont have further maths then AAA. if you do have further maths it's still AAA unless they like you where its AAB. from next year all offers will be AAA and will include further maths (no fm = no entry)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 15, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.