City break suggestions Watch

BexTait
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hello, just wondering if anybody has any suggestions for a weekend/couple of days away. Basically I'm after a short time away in a city that's easy to get to, has plenty to see and has fairly cheap but cheerful (backpacker style) accommodation.

I'm looking at going in september before I start my postgrad course, thinking perhaps Berlin or Barcalona, but am open to any other suggestions?

Cheers guys
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by BexTait)
Hello, just wondering if anybody has any suggestions for a weekend/couple of days away. Basically I'm after a short time away in a city that's easy to get to, has plenty to see and has fairly cheap but cheerful (backpacker style) accommodation.

I'm looking at going in september before I start my postgrad course, thinking perhaps Berlin or Barcalona, but am open to any other suggestions?

Cheers guys
Barcelona is beautiful. Other European cities you could consider - Madrid, Rome, Istanbul, Zagreb, Oslo, perhaps?

Lots to do and see, Zagreb and Istanbul are relatively cheap, all within a three hour flight, lots of variety and etc.
kjc_us
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Berlin Berlin Berlin Berlin Berlin Berlin Berlin Berlin!

It is the most amazing city I've ever been to - so much to do, so little time!
Especially if you're interested in history - this place has so much of it.

Paris is another incredible city, but a little expensive. Berlin was reasonable cost-wise.

Just in case you didn't get that - BERLIN! :p:
sophisticated
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Paris is gorgeous, cheap to get there and lots to see and do.
dragon_1706
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Krakow is a great place, with lots to do in the city and outside. Several budget airlines fly there now, so it doesn't cost too much and there are loads of hostels. It's a bit like Prague was before it got so touristy
Sazarina88
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've been to both Berlin and Barcelona, both were fantastic! As someone has already said, Berlin is great if you're into history (I'm not and still found it fascinating). Barcelona had loads of sites to see and there were great bus tours.
zillysteph
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Barcelona!!!!

Never been to Berlin so can't speak for it, but you'll get a little bit of everything in Barcelona - the culture, the history, architecture, vibrant nightlife, easygoing friendly locals (well the ones i met anyway!) and some lovely beaches too if thats your thing!
BexTait
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Cheers guys, looks like it's gonna be Berlin (I speak some German, and flights start from 1p! obv with charges etc. on top). Any suggestions as to good places to stay/what to do?
kjc_us
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Excellent choice! I don't have much time at the moment, but I'll give you some ideas when I come back online later.
bakewell12345
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I just got back the other day from Berlin and would recommend the circus hostel. It was nice, clean and right next to a u-bahn station.

Here is the link http://www.circus-berlin.de/
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (108)
41.54%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (83)
31.92%
I don't have an opinion (69)
26.54%

Watched Threads