The Student Room Group

Career choice is difficult

Hi guys
Im really struggling to pinpoint a career path for myself. The things i enjoy im not good at in the career aspect of them. For example, i love gaming but im no good with IT and i love to read but I cant write books. I also enjoy drawing occasionally but im not particularly outstanding at it, nor do i see any promising careers in art. I wish I was technology savvy so I could do something creative such as game development or photography. Any suggestions on how to find the right career for you?
Work experience is usually a great way to find out if you would enjoy a career in that setting. Try and list some careers/jobs that interest you and see if there are any companies in your area. Then just drop them an email asking for a few days work experience. Even if you decide against the job then you can still add it to your CV
What stage are you at at the moment? How have you worked out that you aren't good at things? Spend some time reading about what you enjoy, careers and skills and qualifications required. Read up about courses you may have to do and get some experience. That's the only way to work out what you enjoy and what you're good at.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending