Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have just finished a degree in Film Production and I'm applying for a PGCE.

I'm currently independent money wise from my parent's as I have a full time job and pay all my own bills and rent.

When applying do I still have to put down my parent's income even though I pay for everything myself.

I am turning 21 this month and don't want to go back to relying on my parents.

Thanks

Louise
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by LeelaRosee)
    Hi

I have just finished a degree in Film Production and I'm applying for a PGCE.

I'm currently independent money wise from my parent's as I have a full time job and pay all my own bills and rent.

When applying do I still have to put down my parent's income even though I pay for everything myself.

I am turning 21 this month and don't want to go back to relying on my parents.

Thanks

Louise
    Hi Louise,

In order to be assessed as an independent student you would need to show that you have been self supporting for three years prior to the start of your new PGCE course, this evidence would be P60, payslips etc.

If you are unable to provide this then as you are under 25 we would still need your parents to submit there income for your application to be income assessed.

Thanks.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.