Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Every time I have to get up, I get this feeling of being depressed. I know it sounds weird, but it's like I have to lie there for 5 mins until I force myself to get up. Getting to be a problem coz have been late to work because of this Anyone else experience this condition? Would you say it's a type of depression? Thx.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I get the same, only for 4 hours or more... yes, I'd say it was a type of depression, because I've been diagnosed with depression. But my doctor's a useless bint. :p:

ReputationRep:
    hmm no I wouldnt say it's "depression", it depends why and what you do during that time. It could just mean you're lazy, or not a morning person. Or are you freaking over what the day will bring etc?

ReputationRep:
    I get this all the time, its a horrible feeling, yeah i would say its depression. I just dont want to get out of bed and I just want to shut the world in on me, its like when i dont need to wake up or go to work, and if i get that feeling i end up crying and holding my pillow and fall asleep to prevent feeling that way, and i sleep longer than expected, and i dont feel as miserable but the feeling is still there its so annoying and bad, infact i feel a tiny depressed now and its 5 in the morning thats why i have to go to work otherwise id sleep it all way...-sigh- stupid depression

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the **** life phase.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the rubbish weather helps matters. I start work at 6am every morning and it's a serious struggle to drag myself out of bed when it's miserable outside. I get up feeling completely uninspired, and the only thing I want to do is go back to bed.

But once I've got over that, I feel great. It's a strange and nice feeling knowing that I'm seeing a part of the day that a lot of people are just sleeping through. You've just got to try and get up and be positive about things, if that's possible. I don't know you so I can't really suggest anything... but think of things that make you happy, set targets for the day and do all that other cheesy junk and stuff that life coaches tell you to do. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    I've been diagnosed with depression & I get that. I often can't get up for ages & end up oversleeping, which results in a headache. I have to force myself to do it, especially if I have something important to do.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like that every morning, when i wake up i wish i could just sleep forever and i can never get out of bed because i feel so depressed and like the day is going to be as crap as the previous ones. sigh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yellowmarshmellow)
    I feel like that every morning, when i wake up i wish i could just sleep forever and i can never get out of bed because i feel so depressed and like the day is going to be as crap as the previous ones. sigh.
    :dito:

I hate the morning because I know I have to get up and face the world again when I really don't want to because I know the day is going to be just as bad as the previous day.

I don't know why but my depression is worst either first thing in the morning or last thing at night. I think it often comes on at particular times of the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AverageGuyOnTheStreet)
    :dito:I don't know why but my depression is worst either first thing in the morning or last thing at night. I think it often comes on at particular times of the day.
    Same here hun. It's weird how things seem to come on at particular times of day. When I finally get some sleep it's okay, but as soon as I wake up it's like a trigger, & I remember everything & instantly feel bad. Then I can't be bothered to get up.

ReputationRep:
    This moning feeling do you lot get anxiety mixed in with it, a bit? Like your terrified of going to work and can't cope? Although its not exactly panic its just a feeling.

I avoid getting up in the mornings because of this and usually get up at 2 pm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio~)
    This morning feeling do you lot get anxiety mixed in with it, a bit? Like your terrified of going to work and can't cope? Although its not exactly panic its just a feeling.

yup. I hate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio~)
    This moning feeling do you lot get anxiety mixed in with it, a bit? Like your terrified of going to work and can't cope? Although its not exactly panic its just a feeling.

Lol, I think yeah it might have anxiety mixed with it.

Like I'm fine by about 2pm too

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.