The Student Room Group

How to be alone

[video="youtube;k7X7sZzSXYs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7X7sZzSXYs[/video]

I think this is a nice message.
Reply 1
Very lovely message. shes pretty much explaining my story of overcoming the feeling of being lonely. Even when surrounded by family I still always found myself being alone many times and found the loneliness depressing and scary but thats only because I let it get to me. At some point in your life you learn to open up to it and accept it and then even start to appreciate how amazing it is to have so much time to yourself. it really is quite liberating, teaches you how to grow as a person and helps you learn a lot about yourself too. Now I'm happy to be an introvert, even when family and friends now want to spend time with me I'm usually the one saying no, not today sorry, today is reserved for me only :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by Allie4
Very lovely message. shes pretty much explaining my story of overcoming the feeling of being lonely. Even when surrounded by family I still always found myself being alone many times and found the loneliness depressing and scary but thats only because I let it get to me. At some point in your life you learn to open up to it and accept it and then even start to appreciate how amazing it is to have so much time to yourself. it really is quite liberating, teaches you how to grow as a person and helps you learn a lot about yourself too. Now I'm happy to be an introvert, even when family and friends now want to spend time with me I'm usually the one saying no, not today sorry, today is reserved for me only :wink:

Yeah exactly, although it's a lesson I forget quite often, some of the best things I've done have been without worrying about other people and enjoying myself. I'm glad things have gone good for you =)
Beautiful & inspiring.

Quick Reply

Latest