Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This might be a stupid question, but, is there is insurance that an individual can get that allows them to drive any car? If so, what's it called and where can I get it from?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Well I know that certain companies allow you to drive other, 3rd party cars if you're insured by them. But I doubt it means *any* car because then surely someone can just get insured on a banger for cheap and then go and drive the really fast, expensive car he has.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by no1mohsin)
    Well I know that certain companies allow you to drive other, 3rd party cars if you're insured by them. But I doubt it means *any* car because then surely someone can just get insured on a banger for cheap and then go and drive the really fast, expensive car he has.
    Thanks for the reply. That's what I was thinking could be possible, but there must be a way to have cover on other peoples cars! There are examples where this type of cover would be useful...

ReputationRep:
    Well, when you reach age 25, your policy will normally insure you third-party on any other cars that you drive, provided you have the owner's permission. However, some insurers (like Norwich Union) are now getting rid of this clause for the reasons no1mohsin stated. If you need to drive lots of different cars, then fleet insurance is the way to go (ie. insured to drive 4/5/6/etc named cars all on one policy, so substantial savings)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for that Sync!

ReputationRep:
    No problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by no1mohsin)
    Exactly what some people do

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 13, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.