Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey so my situation is i have it annoys me because it sometimes sticks out Thanks alot, i dont know what to do. Am i meant to just do cardio and lose the fat then end up with hanging skin or am i meant to just do chest workouts and tighten it up or what?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, they're really not that severe! My advice would be to do cardio twice a week (i.e run on tuesdays on thursdays). On mondays, wednesdays and fridays do full body weights workouts with good chest exercises included. Do lots of press ups, dips, incline chest presses and incline flies. If you build your upper pectorals up, then your chest won't look flabby and you'll be able to fill a t-shirt out! A weekly routine predominantly centered around weights with a bit of cardio is a very good way of burning fat.

Along with this, cut as much saturated fat out of your diet as possible, you'll soon see results!

Good luck !

ReputationRep:
    OH thank you so much , it just hurts a mans confidence you know thats why i just want to get rid of em. One thing im afraid of, if i do workout the chest with weights, they will actually stick out more as more muscle being built underneath.... and for the moment thats the last thing i want to do ...it\'ll make them more obvious under clothes :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they'll stick out more, but it will be obviously muscle! With no mass added to the upper pectorals, the bottom part of the chest sticks out making them look more flabby and moob-like. But if you target the upper pectorals then you'll look more muscular, trust me!

ReputationRep:
    you have a pretty high bf% by the look of it, very skinny-fat.

You'd find it very difficult to reduce your bf% while at such a low level of muscle. IMO what you need to do is gain a lot of muscle, everywhere, and then also maintain a reasonably low bodyfat. Have you any interest in getting into that whole business? If so, TSR isn't the place to be.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, get onto Menshealth.co.uk!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_ten)
    you have a pretty high bf% by the look of it, very skinny-fat.

You\\\'d find it very difficult to reduce your bf% while at such a low level of muscle. IMO what you need to do is gain a lot of muscle, everywhere, and then also maintain a reasonably low bodyfat. Have you any interest in getting into that whole business? If so, TSR isn\\\'t the place to be.
    How comes? Yes i want to get into the business rock! So yeah im all up for going on a muscle rampage and trying to build muscle evrywhere, and maintain a low bf%, If you could please elaborate on how i could do that, i would be ever so greatful . And loggins, what if my upper chest bulges...fine woohoo, but then my lower chest droops? im jus thinking of worse case scenarios, i do know you guys know your stuff :p:

And what is skinny-fat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loggins)
    Agreed, get onto Menshealth.co.uk!
    that's not exactly what I was thinking of...

(Original post by Jacko1)
    How comes? Yes i want to get into the business rock! So yeah im all up for going on a muscle rampage and trying to build muscle evrywhere, and maintain a low bf%, If you could please elaborate on how i could do that, i would be ever so greatful . And loggins, what if my upper chest bulges...fine woohoo, but then my lower chest droops? im jus thinking of worse case scenarios, i do know you guys know your stuff :p:

And what is skinny-fat?
    Skinny-fat; skinny... fat.. you're light and "slim", with very little muscle mass, and a high bf% (bodyfat %)

Do you use msn messeneger? Add me, if so. I'll be back later.

If I were you I'd start a running program like this http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml 3 days per week and then hit the gym the other three days working on your pecs, but like ROckTen said general musculature too.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks TRB, will give it a look... if its running i have to do, no problem, but i dont know how much and how i have to intergrate them with resistance work, so you know , i have added you Rock

ReputationRep:
    Thanks TRB, will give it a look... if its running i have to do, no problem, but i dont know how much and how i have to intergrate them with resistance work, so you know , i have added you Rock

Um not quite sure what you meant, but if you mean what I think you mean, do the plan 3 days per week (non-consecutive days) and the weights 3 times per week (non-consecutive days). Also a quick fix for moobs in your case would be to purchase one of the compression vests, I wear them for rugby, you would almost certainly want a small.

e.g. http://rugbymegastore.edirectory.co....st/pid/5084270
    (there are loads of variations out there but they are fundamentally the same.

Wear it under a T-shirt to disguise and compress the moobs till they go.

ReputationRep:
    wow they are quite slick, but cost a bomb. Yeah thats sorta what i meant, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Its pretty easy to approach a GP and discuss surgical reduction of moobs (they have a proper name but I cannot remember).

Might be an option when you get older and unfit.

****s sake, they aren't moobs! Please, do us all a favour and get a real problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Timeslikethese)
    ****s sake, they aren't moobs! Please, do us all a favour and get a real problem.
    Sheesh they're bigger than my ex gf's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shreerac27)
    Sheesh they're bigger than my ex gf's.
    Did they have a penis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christo)
    Did they have a penis?
    Oh SNAP!

ReputationRep:
    so the best way to loose moobs is to run and do sit ups/ press ups ? im not taking the micky im a sufferer to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacko1)
    Hey so my situation is i have \'moobs\', it annoys me because it sometimes sticks out in tshirts etc, and i have been checked, no its not gyno, doctor says just exercise. Thanks alot, i dont know what to do. Am i meant to just do cardio and lose the fat then end up with hanging skin or am i meant to just do chest workouts and tighten it up or what? someone please help, this is my current situation:

http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/3594/hpim0044bv3.jpg

I thank you alot for whoever helps, it will get me out of mysery
    I like your collar bones

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.