Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi i'm hoping to apply for dentistry this year and I am going to apply for the ESDP as well as the traditional dentistry course at Kings.

I was wondering if anyone has applied for the ESDP before and what kind of grades King's want for this course.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    ESDP: AAA ( however, if you're doing well in school and get an abnormal UKCAT score then they'll allow you with ABB)
    1. if you go to a private or grammar school or a very high achieving state school then you cannot apply here.
    2. super easy to get into for an interview, but super hard to get an offer

A*AA for traditional course
    1. super easy to get into for an interview
    2. very competitive after (they want the elites)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saniyah786)
    x
    //

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    ESDP: AAA ( however, if you're doing well in school and g
    et an abnormal UKCAT score then they'll allow you with ABB)
    1. if you go to a private or grammar school or a very high achieving state school then you cannot apply here.
    2. super easy to get into for an interview, but super hard to get an offer

A*AA for traditional course
    1. super easy to get into for an interview
    2. very competitive after (they want the elites)
    Hi thanks for that!
    Also, do you know approximately how many people get accepted into each course?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saniyah786)
    Hi thanks for that!
    Also, do you know approximately how many people get accepted into each course?
    Thanks
    No worries!

And I'm not sure, I know for sure it's around 150-200.

Kings accept the highest no. of dental students in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am 16 years old and just started my A Levels and hope to get into the ESDP. Do you think they will run it for 2018 entry (silly question I know). I have always wanted to become a dentist and my school isnt the best in terms of results. I did pretty well at GCSEs and hope to do the same at A Level.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.