Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I have a gp appointment tomorrow and I've made a list of all the symptoms/problems I have.Because there is so much happening I don't know what's relevant I made a list as I was experiencing anything. Is it okay if I show him the list or is it more appropriate if I actually tell him stuff? I just don't want to miss anything. Is showing the list appropriate?
    Thank you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Its perfectly fine to write down a list and show the doctor. Just explain that you have wrote it down and then hand it to them and then answer any questions they have for you after they have read it. I've had to do that a lot when visiting the doctor as my mind goes blank with nerves when I am sitting in front of a doctor.

(Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Its perfectly fine to write down a list and show the doctor. Just explain that you have wrote it down and then hand it to them and then answer any questions they have for you after they have read it. I've had to do that a lot when visiting the doctor as my mind goes blank with nerves when I am sitting in front of a doctor.
    Okay thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I have a gp appointment tomorrow and I've made a list of all the symptoms/problems I have.
    One problem/appointment.

GP's have an average of 8-10 mins per patient. In this time, they not only listen, they also record and prescribe.

In terms of prioritising, you should present the problem that's bothering you the most if you want the optimum help.

ReputationRep:
    Making a note is fine, just bear in mind they will be more confident in what you say when you can back it up by explaining it in your own words too (which they'll probably do)

(Original post by Lil08)
    One problem/appointment.

GP's have an average of 8-10 mins per patient. In this time, they not only listen to your problem, they also record and prescribe.

In terms of prioritising, you should present the problem that's bothering you the most.
    Okay. Basically there is many problems related to mental health so it might all be symptoms of 1 thing. but i get what you mean. thank you

(Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Making a note is fine, just bear in mind they will be more confident in what you say when you can back it up by explaining it in your own words too (which they'll probably do)
    Okay thank you. I'll maybe tell them everything first and then show the list to make sure i haven't missed anything

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.