Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone studying health studies at De Montfort this year? Or just moving to DMU? Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

I have an unconditional offer at De Montfort University to do the course health studies.

Is anyone else going to be doing that course? It'd be great to get to know people before hand. Or is anyone going to DMU who is moving away and is nervous or anything? I know I'm nervous haha. :')

I'm just looking to make friends in Leicester and hopefully find some course mates i have joined the DMU freshers page on Facebook but can't seem to find anyone studying health studies.

xx
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Try the official facebook group.

ReputationRep:
    I have

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjjetplane2511)
    Hi everyone

I have an unconditional offer at De Montfort University to do the course health studies.

Is anyone else going to be doing that course? It'd be great to get to know people before hand. Or is anyone going to DMU who is moving away and is nervous or anything? I know I'm nervous haha. :'

I'm just looking to make friends in Leicester and hopefully find some course mates i have joined the DMU freshers page on Facebook but can't seem to find anyone studying health studies.

xx

Hey!! I've been accepted to study Health Studies in De Montfort too!! 😊 I'm moving from Belfast so I'm really nervous! 😱 Xx

ReputationRep:
    hey. I have an Eu friend whom has been given a conditional offer for the same course. One of the conditions was that she sat the IELTS course (she is Eastern European) with a 6.5 score. She has just received her results and obatained a 6.0. Which presumably is a failure according to DMU. However, the marking system according to IELTS has no half (0.5) marks. It is also stipulated that she should resit the text in two years time. Any thoughts out there how she should build up a defence? i am only asking because she is very worried that she might not be admitted. Is this policy departmental or General policy? I have met many foreign students from DMU whose English (written nor spoken) is no where near hers. Any suggestions out there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tweediepie)
    Hey!! I've been accepted to study Health Studies in De Montfort too!! 😊 I'm moving from Belfast so I'm really nervous! 😱 Xx
    Aww that's so great! Congrats. It is really scary haha. Where abouts will you be living? Also do you face Facebook so I can add you? ☺️ Xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

Is anyone else going to be doing that course? It'd be great to get to know people before hand. Or is anyone going to DMU who is moving away and is nervous or anything? I know I'm nervous haha. :'

xx
    Hiiii I'm Lucy! I have an unconditional offer to do education studies at DMU, awww I'm nervous too. I can't find anyone on my course either lol! Do you have Facebook? We can talk more on there if you want?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoseXPurple)
    Hiiii I'm Lucy! I have an unconditional offer to do education studies at DMU, awww I'm nervous too. I can't find anyone on my course either lol! Do you have Facebook? We can talk more on there if you want?
    I do , it's Justine Clarice.
    Red hair in my profile pic, ya can't miss me haha
    Xxx

ReputationRep:
    I do , it's Justine Clarice.
    Red hair in my profile pic, ya can't miss me haha
    Xxx
    Aww okay I'll add you! Haha xD My names Lucy btw xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

xx
    I have been accepted for health studies too. Am super nervous I dont know anyone in Leicester .

ReputationRep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.