Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting my a levels in September and I'm intending on doing maths, further maths, chemistry and computer science. I also have a part time job at the moment which I want to continue with during the school year because I enjoy it and for the experience.

Would all this be manageable considering I am taking quite "hard" a levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharmacka)
    I'm starting my a levels in September and I'm intending on doing maths, further maths, chemistry and computer science. I also have a part time job at the moment which I want to continue with during the school year because I enjoy it and for the experience.

It entirely depends on you as a person, your determination and capabilities. If you can do it then great. Also depends on the amount of time your part time job takes away, bearing in mind a levels need a lot more study time than GCSE's.

Good luck though!

ReputationRep:
    Depends how you deal with stress

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharmacka)

As long as you don't slack and are determined you will do well. Remember if you don't understand something, ask yourself what part do you not understand and why you don't understand this. You will manage don't worry, have a positive mindset and be organised. All the best starting from september.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Providing you can do the subjects, your biggest worry will be finding out if your course hours clash with work hours. I was able to do the equivalent of 4 A Levels and work part time comfortably. I found doing 3 A Levels and working part time to be a breeze.

Providing you don't let work impact your studies you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PharaohFromSpace)
    It entirely depends on you as a person, your determination and capabilities. If you can do it then great. Also depends on the amount of time your part time job takes away, bearing in mind a levels need a lot more study time than GCSE's.

Good luck though!
    It is a zero hour contract so hopefully won't take too much time away during the school year but thanks!

(Original post by Raizelcadres)
    As long as you don't slack and are determined you will do well. Remember if you don't understand something, ask yourself what part do you not understand and why you don't understand this. You will manage don't worry, have a positive mindset and be organised. All the best starting from september.
    I intend on starting revision from day one since that what many people recommend doing at a level so that should help. and thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Providing you can do the subjects, your biggest worry will be finding out if your course hours clash with work hours. I was able to do the equivalent of 4 A Levels and work part time comfortably. I found doing 3 A Levels and working part time to be a breeze.

Providing you don't let work impact your studies you'll be fine.
    They won't clash since my manager is aware I am going to start 6th form in September.and thanks for the help!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.