Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied to OCS, Aldi and 3 jobs at Lidl. I got a reply for OCS but I honestly would love to work at Aldi or Lidl during my gap year.

I applied to 2 lidl jobs on the 23rd of July and another on the 30th. I applied to Aldi on the 28th (customer service/stock assistant). Not heard a word from them after any of these applications and have been checking my spam mail also... Are they just ignoring me or does it normally take this long?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If you've not been given a date (there's usually a date listed as when you'll hear back) then 2 weeks is a fair period to wait.

But honestly it's not at all uncommon for them to just not reply. I made several applications all over the place and only one place actually bothered to reply, let alone offer me an interview.

There's not an awful lot of decision making involved so it shouldn't take too long. If you're that bothered about it email and ask (providing it's been long enough since your application). I wouldn't email for the jobs you applied to on 28th and 30th since they've only been a couple of days (replies are often stated in business days so ignore weekends). Otherwise just assume you didn't get it and move on.

ReputationRep:
    Aldi and Lidl are extremely hard to get so they just ignore everyone whos unsuccessful
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by rolla01)
    I applied to OCS, Aldi and 3 jobs at Lidl. I got a reply for OCS but I honestly would love to work at Aldi or Lidl during my gap year.

I applied to 2 lidl jobs on the 23rd of July and another on the 30th. I applied to Aldi on the 28th (customer service/stock assistant). Not heard a word from them after any of these applications and have been checking my spam mail also... Are they just ignoring me or does it normally take this long?
    Check if the job advert has a closing date. You are never going to hear back before about a week after any closing date. if there is no closing date mentioned, then you have to wait 2 weeks before you can have any certainly they aren't taking your application forward.

Most high volume employers, like high street retailers, don't acknowledge early stage rejections.

One in five responses from entry level retail roles is a good response rate.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by rolla01)

This is completely normal. You may not even hear back at all.

ReputationRep:
    Well got 2 rejections from Lidl so far, not holding my breath for the other one

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.