Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend had been diagnosed with cancer months before my exam and I stopped going for classes because I kept on thinking about what would happen if she actually died or even when it would happen. Note that I haven't witnessed any of my family, relatives or friends die, so I had no idea what this thing felt like. 2 days before exams, her doctor told her that she was wrongly diagnosed and that she had something called Bening Peptic Ulcer. At this point I was very happy and sad at the same time because I'm an international student so there is this scholarship they give to us and it is about £2500 for each year of university as long as you get 60% and above.So, our university results just came out and I had a 57% this means I would be off the scholarship. I am a really smart person. I am usually top of my class, I even had A*A*A (the A was Physics) it was just the circumstance I was under. Besides the fact that my dad would be so pissed off that I failed he would not be able to pay because my accommodation fees are just rising and nothing is going right for me. On impulse I photoshopped my result and sent it to him and he was so happy with me so If I tell my dad this story he would think I'm just lying and playing him and would even piss him off some more. I haven't told my girlfriend or any of my friends this because my image in their minds would just be "that guy that can't even pay his fees". If my dad hears that I actually failed I'm going back to my country and that won't be good because it doesn't 1/10th the facilities to study and my track record of success and topping my class will all be gone. If anyone knows what I can do please tell me what I can do or where to get help
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by kyle94)
    My girlfriend had been diagnosed with cancer months before my exam and I stopped going for classes because I kept on thinking about what would happen if she actually died or even when it would happen. Note that I haven't witnessed any of my family, relatives or friends die, so I had no idea what this thing felt like. 2 days before exams, her doctor told her that she was wrongly diagnosed and that she had something called Bening Peptic Ulcer. At this point I was very happy and sad at the same time because I'm an international student so there is this scholarship they give to us and it is about £2500 for each year of university as long as you get 60% and above.So, our university results just came out and I had a 57% this means I would be off the scholarship. I am a really smart person. I am usually top of my class, I even had A*A*A (the A was Physics) it was just the circumstance I was under. Besides the fact that my dad would be so pissed off that I failed he would not be able to pay because my accommodation fees are just rising and nothing is going right for me. On impulse I photoshopped my result and sent it to him and he was so happy with me so If I tell my dad this story he would think I'm just lying and playing him and would even piss him off some more. I haven't told my girlfriend or any of my friends this because my image in their minds would just be "that guy that can't even pay his fees". If my dad hears that I actually failed I'm going back to my country and that won't be good because it doesn't 1/10th the facilities to study and my track record of success and topping my class will all be gone. If anyone knows what I can do please tell me what I can do or where to get help
    You should have spoken to your university to get extenuating circumstances a long while ago........ you need to contact the uni and see what they can do.

So sorry this happened.

ReputationRep:
    Let me tell you this and please keep it in mind.

Whatever you do in university and it is your parents paying for it . Never lie to them. Whatever and however you hide the truth it has to come out eventually . Telling your parents the truth is the best choice and can honestly ease you mind . In fact this situation escalate in anyways its best that your parents know about it .

Not being able to pay your fee is nothing to be ashamed from , when you thought your girlfriend had cancer and stood by her then she looks differently at you just because you cant pay your fee's is something you really need to consider that if she is the right person.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.