The Student Room Group

Chances of acceptance after missing offer due to extenuating circumstances

Hi,

(I've already posted this in the UCL forum but I thought I'd post it here as well to try and get an answer)
I've placed UCL as my firm for English Literature with entry requirements of AAA, however my dad passed away after a long illness in June before I'd sat the majority of my exams - meaning I had to take time out of school and revision. My school has applied for special consideration on my behalf and contacted UCL twice; once about my father's illness a few months ago and about his death - but I'm still worried that I may not reach the AAA entry requirements :/ . Does anyone know if there is any likelihood of me being accepted despite missing the entry requirements if the university know about the extenuating circumstances? I've tried looking into it I but can't find any examples of anyone in a similar situation - do I stand a chance or should I be steeling myself for rejection? Any help/ advice would be appreciated!
Original post by nfed97
Hi,

(I've already posted this in the UCL forum but I thought I'd post it here as well to try and get an answer)
I've placed UCL as my firm for English Literature with entry requirements of AAA, however my dad passed away after a long illness in June before I'd sat the majority of my exams - meaning I had to take time out of school and revision. My school has applied for special consideration on my behalf and contacted UCL twice; once about my father's illness a few months ago and about his death - but I'm still worried that I may not reach the AAA entry requirements :/ . Does anyone know if there is any likelihood of me being accepted despite missing the entry requirements if the university know about the extenuating circumstances? I've tried looking into it I but can't find any examples of anyone in a similar situation - do I stand a chance or should I be steeling myself for rejection? Any help/ advice would be appreciated!

Give them a call and ask specifically if they can tell you what their policy is with ec situations and see what they say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending