Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just to quickly clarify, when exactly does freshers week start? I'm asking on behalf of a friend but Exeter is my insurance anyway :P Cheers

ReputationRep:
    22/23 september are moving in days so freshers week starts about then

...im so excited!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigerladie)
    22/23 september are moving in days so freshers week starts about then

...im so excited!!!
    Awesome thanks :p:

ReputationRep:
    Jealous

ReputationRep:
    I'm an Exeter fresher (depending on A level results!)
    Really cant wait

ReputationRep:
    wooooo me too!

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, me too.

ReputationRep:
    Freshers week was awesome Have fun!

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait

ReputationRep:
    Woop Exeter! Can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    In freshers what do you do apart from getting completely ****-faced?

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you want really!
    Just a small selection of things available:
    Bouncy castle with Community Action
    Trip to Exmouth with the Christian Union
    Afternoon tea with the Catholic Society
    Chocolate fountain/quiz with the Chocolate Society
    Scone hunting with the Chap Society
    Dance classes with Dance Society
    Film screenings with CinSoc
    Come and Sing with the University Singers
    Creative Writing workshops with the Creative Writing Society
    Pizza and movie night with MethAng

...as well as the usual pub crawls etc etc...

Truth be told, I can't actually remember much of my Freshers' Week. Not sure whether to be worried or pleased!

ReputationRep:
    I dont think im going to enjoy freshers...mainly because Im broke....its not a big deal if you dont go to freshers....right?

ReputationRep:
    well its just about doing what you want, you can move in on the 23rd september and do nothing but register for everything you need to register for library etc

its just about making friends and settling in

the drunkeness of the week is just a cliche that doesnt have to be adhered to, especially if you're skint.

ReputationRep:
    I thought that there were certain compulsory events during freshers' week??

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to get drunk in Freshers week and there are plenty of things to do for those without money. There were taster sessions for all different sports, even the more unusual ones like Kenpo, fencing and archery. At the squash (freshers fair) you get lots of freebies! Some people end up joining a large amount of societies and spending huge amounts of money. Bit of advice look round and if you want to join something join it after the Squash, else you end up joining everything. People are very persuasive!

I would always recommend going to Freshers week, because it is the main time you meet people and get to know those people you are living with. If you don't like drinking to much then don't drink to much. I think freshers week is as fun as you make it.

Enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisgs)
    I thought that there were certain compulsory events during freshers' week??
    The only "compulsory" things are the meetings about your department. They also say the finance talk is "compulsory" but it's all just common sense, so unless you have none whatsoever then I wouldn't bother. The Guild talk is excellent though, go to that.

Other than that, you do whatever you please

ReputationRep:
    Fencing? Brilliant! I always wanted to have a go at that.

I'm quite glad getting rat-arsed isn't 'compulsory', mainly cos I'm skint, but also because I'm, well, not all that keen on it. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niyati)
    You don't have to get drunk in Freshers week and there are plenty of things to do for those without money. There were taster sessions for all different sports, even the more unusual ones like Kenpo, fencing and archery. At the squash (freshers fair) you get lots of freebies! Some people end up joining a large amount of societies and spending huge amounts of money. Bit of advice look round and if you want to join something join it after the Squash, else you end up joining everything. People are very persuasive!

I would always recommend going to Freshers week, because it is the main time you meet people and get to know those people you are living with. If you don't like drinking to much then don't drink to much. I think freshers week is as fun as you make it.

Enjoy!
    There are those dreaded words 'meet' and 'people'....i have this image of myself wondering around campus alone being deafened by the sounds of other people conversations. I think Ill put a sign on my chest that says 'MEET ME' lol...if you see that at freshers then people please don't be afraid im harmless I promise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuroptd)
    There are those dreaded words 'meet' and 'people'....i have this image of myself wondering around campus alone being deafened by the sounds of other people conversations. I think Ill put a sign on my chest that says 'MEET ME' lol...if you see that at freshers then people please don't be afraid im harmless I promise
    I think everyone feels like that, you just have to put yourself out there and start a conversation about anything. although im sure that sign would be a good talking point!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Exeter Guide

Accommodation profiles:

Fresh Student Living

Fresh Student Living

Fresh provide student accommodation across the country in a number of locations.

Quick Link:

Unanswered University of Exeter Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.