Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my name is Dominic - I am starting Drama at Kingston University, and would like to know if nudity is asked for in any of the workshops, etc - I have often heard that getting naked is 'used' as a way of breaking down barriers, getting the students to feel able to let down their guard, and feel 'open'.......is this true ? I know (or think) that this couldn't be 'forced', but is it ever something that lecturers try to get students to do ? I wouldn't feel very happy about it !

ReputationRep:
    No but if you want to give me a private showing, then that's fine *

ReputationRep:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    No, I really doubt that this is true...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wahrheit)

Hmm, I;m not sure you'd like that !!

ReputationRep:
    are you a drama student there, then ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    No, I really doubt that this is true...
    It's just that on another forum, I forget where, a student wrote "be prepared to get naked - often " ! And I really don't think he was joking - this wasnt to do with Kingston, btw, but more of a general aspect of drama courses as a whole.....I heard once that at some place prospective applicants were all put in a room together, with the interviewer, and asked to remove their clothes ! And the interviewer did the same ! I guess it would be a quick way of narrowing down the number of interviewees ! It would show how committed one was in terms of getting on the course ! i.e. willing to do anything ! (within reason) .......but it is a worry, I guess if I had a perfect body, I'd love the chance to show it off - but i don't !!

ReputationRep:
    Is that a 'no' for certain ?.........it really does bother me, and I would need to mentally (and physically !) prepare for it if this was something that would be a real possibility at Kingston......I mean, if everyone else did it, I guess I would, but hopefully there would be other 'less than perfect' bodies there too !

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like an urban myth or a wind-up
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by nakedphobic)
    It's just that on another forum, I forget where, a student wrote "be prepared to get naked - often " ! And I really don't think he was joking - this wasnt to do with Kingston, btw, but more of a general aspect of drama courses as a whole.....I heard once that at some place prospective applicants were all put in a room together, with the interviewer, and asked to remove their clothes ! And the interviewer did the same ! I guess it would be a quick way of narrowing down the number of interviewees ! It would show how committed one was in terms of getting on the course ! i.e. willing to do anything ! (within reason) .......but it is a worry, I guess if I had a perfect body, I'd love the chance to show it off - but i don't !!
    I can absolutely promise you that this is not true and I am pretty sure that the interview example would be illegal. This is somebody trying to wind you up. Nobody is going to make you get naked on your course, please don't worry!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.