Turn on thread page Beta

Is there a shade of blonde for everyone? watch

ReputationRep:
    And if so, should I go blonde? I fancy a change, there's a picture of me in my profile, would I look ok? Would it be ok to go quite light blonde? Blonde is cool

ReputationRep:
    You could always try having some highlights, Im sure that would look nice? If you go to a good salon they will recommend what sort of tones will suit your skintone

ReputationRep:
    That could be a good idea, my sister suggested that but I thought maybe highlights were outta fashion atm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snarf)
    That could be a good idea, my sister suggested that but I thought maybe highlights were outta fashion atm?
    Not that Im aware of, Im always seeing people with highlights, especially this time of year. They dont tend to go out of fashion really

You could always have a few different colours put through anyway, like a blonde/caramel/copper.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you get a dye of a reputable make/get it done in the hairdressers. My hair went slightly yellow when I used 'Sun-In' last year...

ReputationRep:
    Oooohh I was thinking of going blonde-ish too!! Lemme know what you have done and show a piccy cos my hair colour and skin tone is similar to yours

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I will: if I don't chicken out and my mum doesn't forbid me from doing it! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Lol...I can see my mum doing that to me too!! Altho' if I go to a hairdresser she likes she might let me..wow I'm 20 and still have to get acceptance for my actions from parents oops!!

ReputationRep:
    i think it could suit you yes! but you have naturally dark hair so you have to make sure your eyebrows dont look out of place. (stating the obvious :p:) but yeah! the hairdressers will def be able to tell you which tones will suit you best good luck

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing you'd have to do your eyebrows too? Because wouldn't it look funny with blonde hair and dark eyebrows?

ReputationRep:
    Depends how blonde you go i think..if it's a few highlights here and there maybe not..but entirely full head gone blonde then eyebrow dyeing could be necessary

ReputationRep:
    please make sure you actually go blonde if you decide to, and not that horrible fluorescant (sp?) i see on some girls.

ReputationRep:
    Well like the OP asked "is there a shade for everyone"..so maybe she won't go blonde blonde as the hairdresser might not think it appropriate

ReputationRep:
    I went to the hair dresser and I have quite dark hair.

He was a really expensive hairdresser too so he just sort of did everything that he thought would look good.

I remember he put a lighter brown all over then put blonde flashes all the way through and then red as well.

It looked okay I thought but in the end it turned ginger anyway (which always happens with red in your hair I've found... especially with blonde too). Though, I quite liked having red hair rather than blonde anyway.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.