Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any advice appriciated........
    I have submitted an application for SFE compelling personal reasons in the hope of being able to recieve an additional years worth of funding. Just completed my first year which i self funded and will recieve funding for my final year from SFE as my gift year.......a
    Anyway my applocation was logged onto their system 13/07 and i should have recieved an answer one way or another by today 3/8.......called them this morning to be told as i recieve grants (parental grant and childcare grant) my application has to be assessed by a different department, which it was sent to on 1/08 so i now have to wait another 16 days for an outcome.
    Sooooo my question is, is this a normal procedure as prior to today SFE had not mentioned any other departments although of course they are well aware that i am ONLY in reciept of the parental and childcare grant.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by Kadot84)
    Any advice appriciated........
    I have submitted an application for SFE compelling personal reasons in the hope of being able to recieve an additional years worth of funding. Just completed my first year which i self funded and will recieve funding for my final year from SFE as my gift year.......a
    Anyway my applocation was logged onto their system 13/07 and i should have recieved an answer one way or another by today 3/8.......called them this morning to be told as i recieve grants (parental grant and childcare grant) my application has to be assessed by a different department, which it was sent to on 1/08 so i now have to wait another 16 days for an outcome.
    Sooooo my question is, is this a normal procedure as prior to today SFE had not mentioned any other departments although of course they are well aware that i am ONLY in reciept of the parental and childcare grant.
    Yes if you receive pla and ccg then it gets assessed by the grants for dependents team so it can take a little bit longer

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.