Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going into year 11 in September and my GCSE chosen subjects are:Triple Science
    Geography
    Urdu (Don't really need to revise)
    Year 10 had been kind of tough for me in terms of organisation. I never use to stick to my yr 10 timetable due to the work load. How should I organise my time for year 10? How many subjects should I revise a day?

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to revise until around Jan/Feb, even that is early for GCSE's. It is more important to work hard throughout the year, understand everything and just spend 1 hour a week reading the notes you have made so that they are relatively fresh in your mind. As long as you begin past papers by March/April then you can easily get the top grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Alisha*)
    I'm going into year 11 in September and my GCSE chosen subjects are:Triple Science
    Geography
    Year 10 had been kind of tough for me in terms of organisation. I never use to stick to my yr 10 timetable due to the work load. How should I organise my time for year 10? How many subjects should I revise a day?
    I wouldn't say revise just yet. If you've say, neglected *1 (Core) and *2 (Additional) science notes, I would say start building them up slowly now, since you have plenty of free time now. The purpose of that would be to write down what you know while it's fresh (in terms of last year's work), and to lessen the workload later on, where you can spend your time revising, instead of preparing materials to revise with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Alisha*)
    Geography
    Hello there, I am experienced with the Year's 10 and 11, in my opinion I think you should start revising when you go into year 11 after your summer holidays due to the fact many students have said that year 10 is the learning year and 11 is the revising what you have learned in year 10, many people like me started revising at the end of year 10 as we finished learning all the subjects we had taken within 8 months so we thought to revise for the remaining 4 months of year 10 before the summer holidays.Until then I would recommend students taking a great relaxing holiday and also its not about how many subjects you revise, its about how much work you put into all your subjects.

Knowledge inheriting tip: now-a-day exams don't only ask you to learn the content, they of all expect you to understand it so you can put it in to your own words and explain it, so whilst your revising try putting things into your own words.

Revising tips: the use of books and the internet is great, whats better is that you inspect the exam boards of all your exams regularly (could change by the time you do your exams) to update your sources to prepare for your examinations at the end of year 11.
    Why inspect the exam boards?Inspecting exam boards will help you to understand what you need to do to revise because technically the exam boards really do help your prepare for your exams, obviously they aren't going to give you the answers however, they give you a hint to what you need for the exams for example:-> Sample answers
    -> Revision booklets (up to date)
    -> Past papers (2016 released by many exam boards)
    -> Booster packs

How I revise?I usually read books in my spare time related to my topics I had chosen, not regularly but once or twice a week for about 30 mins so the knowledge would stick in my head.

My ways not the best way to revise but I got through year 11 with it and im happy with how much I understand about the topics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StandardBrain)
    Hello there, I am experienced with the Year's 10 and 11, in my opinion I think you should start revising when you go into year 11 after your summer holidays due to the fact many students have said that year 10 is the learning year and 11 is the revising what you have learned in year 10, many people like me started revising at the end of year 10 as we finished learning all the subjects we had taken within 8 months so we thought to revise for the remaining 4 months of year 10 before the summer holidays.Until then I would recommend students taking a great relaxing holiday and also its not about how many subjects you revise, its about how much work you put into all your subjects.

Knowledge inheriting tip: now-a-day exams don't only ask you to learn the content, they of all expect you to understand it so you can put it in to your own words and explain it, so whilst your revising try putting things into your own words.

Revising tips: the use of books and the internet is great, whats better is that you inspect the exam boards of all your exams regularly (could change by the time you do your exams) to update your sources to prepare for your examinations at the end of year 11.
    Why inspect the exam boards?Inspecting exam boards will help you to understand what you need to do to revise because technically the exam boards really do help your prepare for your exams, obviously they aren't going to give you the answers however, they give you a hint to what you need for the exams for example:-> Sample answers
    -> Revision booklets (up to date)
    -> Past papers (2016 released by many exam boards)
    -> Booster packs

How I revise?I usually read books in my spare time related to my topics I had chosen, not regularly but once or twice a week for about 30 mins so the knowledge would stick in my head.

My ways not the best way to revise but I got through year 11 with it and im happy with how much I understand about the topics.
    Thank you for the great advice and tips but how comes you finished learning all the content i yr 10?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.