Turn on thread page Beta

Was I the only one who used to think CS Lewis was a woman? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Did you think CS Lewis was a woman?
    Yes
    15.38%
    No
    84.62%

ReputationRep:
    Well..?

ReputationRep:
    No the first time I heard the name I did too, then I found out that she was a he about four months later.

ReputationRep:
    No. I knew CS Lewis was a geezer.

ReputationRep:
    I thought that he was a she for years until i saw a picture of him or something on tv. Saying that i also thought the hairdresser Nicky Clark was a woman haha!

ReputationRep:
    oh_my_god no way i thought i was the only one who thought CS Lewis' female :ninja: then after getting so fascinated with the books i looked up at how 'she' got the ideas from and i found out embarrassingly that the article referred lewis as HE 0.0

edit:
    Saying that i also thought the hairdresser Nicky Clark was a woman haha!
    WHAT?:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, Lewis is a name I associate with males so I always though of him as a man. I spend ages thinking EB White was a woman, though!

ReputationRep:
    I clicked yes cus the poll question is the opposite of the thread title, and i got confused. =\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mina_Harker)
    I spend ages thinking EB White was a woman, though!
    EB White isn't a woman?! I always imagined the author was portraying themselves through Charlotte. It's such a female perspective! Please tell me E Nesbit is still a woman...

ReputationRep:
    Nope, but then before I read the books I knew that he was best friends with JRR Tolkien.

ReputationRep:
    i used to think Michael Jackson was a woman... lol.

ReputationRep:
    I used to think Michael Jackson was a human...

ReputationRep:
    Of course he is a chap - educated Rugby School!!! It might be co-ed now but it certainly wasn't back then.

ReputationRep:
    Of course he is a chap - educated Rugby School!!!
    I was only given his name at first; not his biography. :rolleyes: [/serious face]

Spoiler:
    Show
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hang_your_heart)
    EB White isn't a woman?! I always imagined the author was portraying themselves through Charlotte. It's such a female perspective! Please tell me E Nesbit is still a woman...
    Yeah, I see where you're coming from. It really shocked me though because I had it in my head that his(!) name was Emily, so lord only knows where I picked that up from! *blush*

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think he was:p:

ReputationRep:
    Well, you're just not normal then, are you? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mina_Harker)
    Yeah, I see where you're coming from. It really shocked me though because I had it in my head that his(!) name was Emily, so lord only knows where I picked that up from! *blush*
    I would have sworn her name was Edith! No doubt ever even entered my mind... I was just convinced he was a she. In fact, I had a little chuckle at you when I read it thinking "That's because she is a woman"...

By the way, are you the same Mina_Harker that makes very interesting points on the SparkNotes forums?

ReputationRep:
    Always sounded male to me.
    That said, I used to think Enid Blyton was a man

ReputationRep:
    I did used to think George Eliot was male :p:

ReputationRep:
    Same here with George Eliot. In fact, this thread's made me think about all the writers whose genders I've been wrong about over the years and my total is embarrassingly high!

(Original post by hang_your_heart)
    I would have sworn her name was Edith! No doubt ever even entered my mind... I was just convinced he was a she. In fact, I had a little chuckle at you when I read it thinking "That's because she is a woman"...

By the way, are you the same Mina_Harker that makes very interesting points on the SparkNotes forums?
    Hehe. Ooh dear!

I'm afraid I'm not the same Mina_Harker. :P

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.