Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Are there any scholarships available for a London medical student that is homeless? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have moved out my family home and currently living with a close friend. I cannot live at home for many reasons that I do not wish to state here. I dont know where I can stay next September. I am going into my third year of medical school and I cannot afford to live out.*I have tried to apply for the UNITE foundation scholarship but rejected my application as I am not a school leaver. Any one know any other scholarships? or very cheap accommodation? any help will be nice. I am at Queen Mary.

ReputationRep:
    Any help/advice will be very appreciated! In a desperate situation right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honey:))
    I have moved out my family home and currently living with a close friend. I cannot live at home for many reasons that I do not wish to state here. I dont know where I can stay next September. I am going into my third year of medical school and I cannot afford to live out.*I have tried to apply for the UNITE foundation scholarship but rejected my application as I am not a school leaver. Any one know any other scholarships? or very cheap accommodation? any help will be nice. I am at Queen Mary.
    If you are estranged from your parents and can prove it with evidence from a professional e.g. doctor or lecturer you can get the maximum student finance package which is enough to move out. Otherwise see if your university can offer you anything from their hardship fund to tide you over for a bit?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.