new person in need of help!!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Redman2003
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Hi, im new, I may have posted this in the wrong place, but i am stupid and havent got a clue where to!

Ive just done AS levels and got every letter in the alphabet apart from an A :mad: !!!!!

One thing im pleased about is that i dont have to do maths no more, ever again, YES!!!

But i got a B in my graphics AS and i got 236/300, 4 marks from an A!!!!(my fist ever A ever in anything)!!!!!!!! Does anyone know if i could get my work remarked so i could possibly get that extra 4 marks for the A( from a different teacher/moderator), or would i have to re submit some work next year?

Another thing is do i have to take 3 A levels next year, or can i drop 2 and take up another AS level, making it 2 A levels and 1 AS level? (confusing i know)

One last thing, on my edexcel mark paper, it has a 'heat sensitive spot' in the top left corner that turns red and when you put your finger on it, it turns white.Its pretty amazing stuff, but what the hell is it for?

Thanks for any help.....

Redman
Ollie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i played with that spot earlier, most entertaining! guess security?!

there is no point in worying about ure missing a. forget it as a a and treat it like ure ums. thats what the exam boards do!

3 alevels is preferable, but if you think you need to drop 2 then its not a problem
Koloth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Redman2003)
Hi, im new, I may have posted this in the wrong place, but i am stupid and havent got a clue where to!
Welcome to the forum . Looks like you have found the right place.

Ive just done AS levels and got every letter in the alphabet apart from an A :mad: !!!!!

One thing im pleased about is that i dont have to do maths no more, ever again, YES!!!

But i got a B in my graphics AS and i got 236/300, 4 marks from an A!!!!(my fist ever A ever in anything)!!!!!!!! Does anyone know if i could get my work remarked so i could possibly get that extra 4 marks for the A( from a different teacher/moderator), or would i have to re submit some work next year?

You can get the module re-marked or resit it. If it's coursework thats centre assessed then its unlikely that you can appeal for a re-mark. In a re-mark the marks can go up or down. A re-mark usually costs more than a resit. I suggest you speak to the exam office at your school and perhaps your teacher.

Another thing is do i have to take 3 A levels next year, or can i drop 2 and take up another AS level, making it 2 A levels and 1 AS level? (confusing i know)
Your old enough to decide yourself. Unless your school/college has certain rules. If your planning to go to university then I suggest you take 3 A Levels as this is what they are usually prefer and are looking for.

One last thing, on my edexcel mark paper, it has a 'heat sensitive spot' in the top left corner that turns red and when you put your finger on it, it turns white.Its pretty amazing stuff, but what the hell is it for?
Expression made a posting about this here:
http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=9849
Pencil
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You're not alone:

B - AVCE Double ICT
C - AVCE Double ICT
D - A-level Media Studies
E - A-level English Language
U - A-level General Studies
DPGville
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pencil)
You're not alone:

B - AVCE Double ICT
C - AVCE Double ICT
D - A-level Media Studies
E - A-level English Language
U - A-level General Studies

Join the club:

(AS)
B - ICT [10 OFF A]
E - CHEMISTRY [4 OFF D]
E - BIOLOGY [2 OFF D]

then theres my college putting the shits up me with 'all students will begin writing personal statements at the start of the academic year and intsantly apply to university'

I dont think theres chance of me getting into the science courses I want to get into all because of these results as I will have to apply to universities with these results.

I know I can do much better with the two sciences, but the question is will my resit grades be what is submitted and not these disgraceful results.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (130)
18.6%
No (422)
60.37%
Not really bothered about them (147)
21.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise