Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am about 6 foot and I only weight 63kgs. I am pure vegeterain and I run on a threadmill every morning for half an hour. I can't seem to gain weight it seems and need some advice basically. I mean I even fear I have diabetes.

ReputationRep:
    A few months ago i was 6'3 and 57kg. I thought i was eating loads, but actually i wasn't and i quickly put on 10kg from eating alone. Eat all the time, your appitite will soon increase. Give the treadmill a break, its only burning calories.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the quick answer lammy, is being underweight risky?. I have started to eat 4 slices of toast for breakfast now.

ReputationRep:
    It can be genetic, though it could also be because of your eating/working-out patterns.

Because you're a vegetarian you hardly eat any saturized fats and loads of greens (i assume :p:) which is great! Though you are missing out on the proteins in meat, you can find them in nuts and loads of other non-meat products though. Try eating things with more carbs and fats (in healthy proportion) and you will gain weight!

If it's genetic or you just have a fast metabolism, then there's not much you can do, but it''s not considered to be unhealthy. Try consulting a GP to run a check on you and see what the problem is.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    great, if its genetic I may have caught diabetes off my dad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dadamafia)
    great, if its genetic I may have caught diabetes off my dad.

If you assume that that's the problem, go to a GP to run a check on u!

ReputationRep:
    yer I am on monday, well scared.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know anything about diabetes. For me my low weight was causing me to be cold and tired a lot. But i dont think its that un healthy. Tell your Gp you are feeling underweight, they may do a blood test or something to find out if you have any probs, they will probably do your body mass index as well. I'm hoping to get to 80kg, but i think depsite being thinner than most atm, i am healthy. To be honest 4 slices of toast for breakfast doesnt sound a great deal. I would normally have 8 bits of bacon in a sandwich with mayo, plus a big cup of juice. Look carefully at your diet, you may not be eating as much as you think. Whats an average days food for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lammy)
    I dont know anything about diabetes. For me my low weight was causing me to be cold and tired a lot. But i dont think its that un healthy. Tell your Gp you are feeling underweight, they may do a blood test or something to find out if you have any probs, they will probably do your body mass index as well. I'm hoping to get to 80kg, but i think depsite being thinner than most atm, i am healthy. To be honest 4 slices of toast for breakfast doesnt sound a great deal. I would normally have 8 bits of bacon in a sandwich with mayo, plus a big cup of juice. Look carefully at your diet, you may not be eating as much as you think. Whats an average days food for you?
    Any chance you can post your diet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lammy)
    possibly, however im trying to keep of sugary foods and i am veg so that could be why i cant eat bacon:p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.