Miller_J
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi!
Having recently been accepted onto an Apprenticeship in Quantity Surveying I've been looking into accommodation. Having found some nice affordable flats on the website "pads for students" I've been unable to find any info regarding the eligibility to live there. I'm due to start on the 22/08/2016 but expect it will take me until December to have the money together for a deposit.

I would be working Mon-Thurs then studying at a College every Friday. The apprenticeship is 2 years with the employer expecting me to go on to achieve my RICS at uni over a 6 year part time course.

What situation am I in? Any feedback would be appreciated.

P.S. One flat that I really like is in "Private Halls" just encase that changes things.

Thank You!
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Miller_J)
Hi!
Having recently been accepted onto an Apprenticeship in Quantity Surveying I've been looking into accommodation. Having found some nice affordable flats on the website "pads for students" I've been unable to find any info regarding the eligibility to live there. I'm due to start on the 22/08/2016 but expect it will take me until December to have the money together for a deposit.

I would be working Mon-Thurs then studying at a College every Friday. The apprenticeship is 2 years with the employer expecting me to go on to achieve my RICS at uni over a 6 year part time course.

P.S. One flat that I really like is in "Private Halls" just encase that changes things.

Thank You!
Most university accommodation requires you to be a full time student, you may want to look into private rents.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Miller_J)
Hi!

Thank You!
Private halls are just for university students so I doubt you'd be eligible. Private flats are up to the landlord, but wherever you live you need to pay the deposit before you can move in.
Bittah Demon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have you not contacted other people starting or are you the only one? You may be able to find a house share.

You will need to find a way of getting the deposit before you move in.
SmallDuck
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am doing an apprenticeship and I currently live in a shared house, a bit like a student.

However, I'm sharing with other professionals so its no mad crazy party house. Its a fair way out of town too. I suggest looking on spare rooms for any potental sharing opportunities.

I have been here a year and intend to move to my own place within the next 16 months or so.
Archosman1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Who did you find the apprenticeship with?
Smithdo43172
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am 16 in June, I am looking to apply for an apprenticeship with a train company in Salisbury even though I live in Plymouth.

What would be my situation with accommodation?
Tubbz
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You'll most likely have to find privately rented accommodation. If there's multiple apprentices being taken on, that can be a good place to find people to share with.
isherrington
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I feel like apprentices tend to fall through the gaps? As a part time student on a Big Four accounting apprenticeship from this September, I'm not eligible for uni accommodation but I can't get a private flat share? Best bet is to find another apprentice in Bham to share with but I don't know how easy this will be.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (74)
66.07%
I don't have everything I need (38)
33.93%

Watched Threads