Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever lost any friends for reasons other than just losing touch? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I lost many friends when I had depression and they were not understanding of me unfortunately

yes

ReputationRep:
    No actually

ReputationRep:
    That's very unfortunate op. Many people still don't understand depression. I think they have to experience it to understand.

I once stopped seeing my best friend for what might seem a selfish reason.

If I went with him to my favourite bar women didn't flirt with me.

But if I went on my own they did .

I agonised over this dilemma for nearly a whole day! before taking the only decision possible in the circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    Broke up with a few girls due to non-stop b*t*hiness and unfairness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    That's very unfortunate op. Many people still don't understand depression. I think they have to experience it to understand.

I once stopped seeing my best friend for what might seem a selfish reason.

If I went with him to my favourite bar women didn't flirt with me.

But if I went on my own they did .

I agonised over this dilemma for nearly a whole day! before taking the only decision possible in the circumstances.
    Yeah mental illness is misunderstood.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, there was a huge incident with my friends when one day they weren't talking to me and acting really oddly around me as if I wasn't there. It wasn't until the next day that my other group of friends told me that they (the first group) hated me because I apparently said that I didn't like them, which I had never said. All of this happened behind my back and even my best friend didn't want to know me either. I did make the situation worse by saying something which I should not have said at all, but I was really upset that they just exiled me like that without me knowing why

The situation has been resolved, although it took like 9 months. The thing is, I don't exactly feel like they're proper friends so in that way, it seems like I've still lost them or they've lost me as it's never really been the same since.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    Yes, there was a huge incident with my friends when one day they weren't talking to me and acting really oddly around me as if I wasn't there. It wasn't until the next day that my other group of friends told me that they (the first group) hated me because I apparently said that I didn't like them, which I had never said. All of this happened behind my back and even my best friend didn't want to know me either. I did make the situation worse by saying something which I should not have said at all, but I was really upset that they just exiled me like that without me knowing why

The situation has been resolved, although it took like 9 months. The thing is, I don't exactly feel like they're proper friends so in that way, it seems like I've still lost them or they've lost me as it's never really been the same since.
    I agree, things like this let you know who your real true friends are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    I lost many friends when I had depression and they were not understanding of me unfortunately
    I can't lose nothing

ReputationRep:
    No, not really. I've just lost touch with them
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    No. I've cut contact with people because their behaviour isn't appropriate / I don't trust them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.