Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i'm just wondering that do employers really look at what university, as i am looking into unis some of the better university do not offer the course but the less prestigious university does
    eg: Biomedical science
    will it make a difference to the job application?

ReputationRep:
    Probably.

ReputationRep:
    yes. the more prestigious, the more likely you would be accepted to a job by an employer.

ReputationRep:
    YES

ReputationRep:
    If you go to Oxbridge people will have a first impression of you as an intelligent person. Other than that it's all a matter of tiers, i.e. russell groups are looked upon the same, as a tier of good universities, and the rest are just looked down upon to some extent. Then again I know numerous people from non-RG unis who are now at Oxford (e.g. a friend of mine did his physics BSc at Royal Holloway, now doing a PhD at Oxford.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goal101)
    i'm just wondering that do employers really look at what university, as i am looking into unis some of the better university do not offer the course but the less prestigious university does
    eg: Biomedical science
    will it make a difference to the job application?
    It depends on your job and country.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.