Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does the word troll get thrown around too much on tsr? Watch

ReputationRep:
    If you state an opinion that someone doesn'r like you get called trool.

Troll
    Trolll
    1/10 try harder troll.
    Get back under your bridge troll
    Troll
    Troll
    You a troll because you dont have the same opinion a s
    me and your opinions offend me troll.

ReputationRep:
    No most the time people get called trolls because they anonymously post nonsense etc. e.g. 'I threw a live chicken on a fire'. Then they sit back and watch as everyone scrambles to fight them or defend them. Trolls are also defined as bullying figures, but not much of that goes on on TSR as far as I've seen.
    :troll::troll:And I enjoy using the emoji.:troll::troll:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    No most the time people get called trolls because they anonymously post nonsense etc. e.g. 'I threw a live chicken on a fire'. Then they sit back and watch as everyone scrambles to fight them or defend them. Trolls are also defined as bullying figures, but not much of that goes on on TSR as far as I've seen.
    :troll::troll:And I enjoy using the emoji.:troll::troll:
    How do you know they weren't serious? There are plenty of cruel people that would throw a chicken on a fire.

I am not arguing that there arent trolls I am just saying the word get used too much and too mand people get accused of being trolls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helped)
    How do you know they weren't serious? There are plenty of cruel people that would throw a chicken on a fire.

I am not arguing that there arent trolls I am just saying the word get used too much and too mand people get accused of being trolls.
    Fair point, but then again his other threads included 'I haven't been outside in 10 years and I'm scared' and what happened at y big match last week' where he claimed to have been getting on a coach etc....e.g. going outside. Also the way the argument was proposed he made his friend appear to be in the wrong for calling him sick after he threw the chicken on the fire. He doesn't sound like a very reliable character to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    Fair point, but then again his other threads included 'I haven't been outside in 10 years and I'm scared' and what happened at y big match last week' where he claimed to have been getting on a coach etc....e.g. going outside. Also the way the argument was proposed he made his friend appear to be in the wrong for calling him sick after he threw the chicken on the fire. He doesn't sound like a very reliable character to me.
    Yes, the 'haven't been outside for 10years 'really pissed me off because there are a lot of really nice people on here who tried to help him. Story was full of holes, especially the homeschool angle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seamus123)
    Yes, the 'haven't been outside for 10years 'really pissed me off because there are a lot of really nice people on here who tried to help him. Story was full of holes, especially the homeschool angle.
    yes there are lot of helpful people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helped)
    If you state an opinion that someone doesn'r like you get called trool.

Troll
    Trolll
    1/10 try harder troll.
    Get back under your bridge troll
    Troll
    Troll
    You a troll because you dont have the same opinion a s
    me and your opinions offend me troll.
    Just because you state an opinion that someone doesn't like doesn't mean that you get called a troll as we all have different views and real trolls are the type that have no life and have nothing else better to do than to try and score points. Also Trolls tend to call other people horrible names and say horrible things

ReputationRep:
    You're right of course. But some are very clever and people get caught up, especially if it's someone who is having a really difficult time in life, then it all gets out of hand.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.