Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
tengentoppa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I could be persuaded to eat cat or dog if it were recommended as being very tasty,

But it seems to me that it's low quality meat that people eat when desperate, so probably not my first choice.

It would be nice to see dogs on the dinner table rather than in the street though. That's for sure
helped
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by saraxh)
You should. It tastes good.
x-bhakti-patel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by saraxh)
i agree with u, i would definitely not
username2705335
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by helped)
You should. It tastes good.
Rather_Cynical
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This kind of thread would go into racial stereotyping quickly, but I think the entire thing against eating dog/cat is purely cultural and has no meaningful or rational basis. If we're approaching from a sentience perspective, or a spiritual/soul perspective, farm animals like pigs are just as intelligent/curious/sentient/soul-ed.

I suppose the cultural norm has developed because of man's relationship with dog as both a working animal, and a family/companion animal, so it's more difficult to psychologically disassociate from the idea of eating family. If you grew up in a country where famine and hunger is strife, but feral/stray animals are everywhere, your perspectives on morality would not be as "developed" as your wealthier counterparts.
helped
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rather_Cynical)
This kind of thread would go into racial stereotyping quickly, but I think the entire thing against eating dog/cat is purely cultural and has no meaningful or rational basis. If we're approaching from a sentience perspective, or a spiritual/soul perspective, farm animals like pigs are just as intelligent/curious/sentient/soul-ed.

I suppose the cultural norm has developed because of man's relationship with dog as both a working animal, and a family/companion animal, so it's more difficult to psychologically disassociate from the idea of eating family. If you grew up in a country where famine and hunger is strife, but feral/stray animals are everywhere, your perspectives on morality would not be as "developed" as your wealthier counterparts.
Anyone that complains about others eating dog meat while they eat other animals themselves are massive hypocrites.
loveleest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone that complains about others eating dog meat while they eat other animals themselves are massive hypocrites.
True.
RDKGames
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why would you eat dog meat? HE'S ONE OF THE BEST COMPANIONS IN THE ENTIRE FALLOUT UNIVERSE!
helped
Rep:
?
(Original post by RDKGames)
Why would you eat dog meat? HE'S ONE OF THE BEST COMPANIONS IN THE ENTIRE FALLOUT UNIVERSE!
Because it tastes good and gives lots of protein. Why would you eat a cow? In india they are seen as great companions.
RDKGames
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Because it tastes good and gives lots of protein. Why would you eat a cow? In india they are seen as great companions.
I think the purpose of my comment went entirely over your head...
helped
Rep:
?
(Original post by RDKGames)
I think the purpose of my comment went entirely over your head...
Were you intentionally trying to be a hypocrite?
greghayes
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's deffo a cultural thing. Like was said earlier, cows would be seen as a ridiculous thing to eat in some Asian cultures, but it's totally normal for us. The thing with the horse meat scandal wasn't the fact that it was horse, it was that it was missold as other meats and it was injected with dangerous substances to us that keep horses healthy. I probably would eat any animal, so long as I didn't know about it before hand. I ate the IKEA meatballs so often and when I found out it was really horse, I wasn't bothered because it still tasted good!
RDKGames
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Were you intentionally trying to be a hypocrite?
...no. Just ignore it, bro
cucumberhater
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
or cat.
would you eat a big mac or a fried chicken?
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sure why not.
I would not go actively hunting it but if I was somewhere that offered it I would try.

I have to try all strange foods. Kangaroo/bison/buffalo/Ostrich
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I wouldn't eat dog meat produced in this country because it'll mean somebody's probably killed some poor guy's pet, whereas if you're in Vietnam or somewhere and it was gonna get killed for food anyway you may as well give it a go.
Allie4
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (123)
59.13%
No (44)
21.15%
Not sure (41)
19.71%

Watched Threads