The Student Room Group

The fibs your teacher told you in school [golden thread]

This is a golden thread. Join in with the discussion before 26 August 2016 to be in with the chance of winning an iPad air 2!

I remember being in reception, so only about 4 or 5, and our teacher told us that a rocket was going to the moon that day and if we worked really really quietly we'd be able to hear it take-off..

It totally worked. We were silent for the whole day, but never did hear that rocket go off.

What are the fibs your teachers told you at school to get you to be quiet, or stop asking silly questions?

Other golden threads:

1. List the fibs your teacher told you at school

2. What's your ultimate summer tune?

3. Which GCSE subject can you not wait to ditch?

4. Sum up how you’re feeling about results day in a meme or gif

5. How do you plan to celebrate your exam results?

6. Starting uni: what are you most excited about?

7. One essential piece of advice you'd give to someone starting their A-levels

8. What's the one thing will get you through results day?

The competition runs from 3 August to 23:59 on 26 August 2016. The random draw will be made on 30 August 2016.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Always got told that we'd get pizza or something like that if we were really really good for a week's worth of lessons - absolutely horrified we never got it!!
Primary School- Eyes at the back of his/her head
Original post by mobbsy91
Always got told that we'd get pizza or something like that if we were really really good for a week's worth of lessons - absolutely horrified we never got it!!

This happend to me, but in 6th form my class was told we would get pizza for something we did. I am still waiting omg :frown:
"everyone is so friendly in this skl" yh no
Also GCSE Chemistry electron configuration, when you get to A level you discover it was all a lie
Original post by SuperHuman98
This happend to me, but in 6th form my class was told we would get pizza for something we did. I am still waiting omg :frown:

Haha, I guess you'll be waiting for a long time to come!!
That there is no gravity in space
Original post by SuperHuman98
Also GCSE Chemistry electron configuration, when you get to A level you discover it was all a lie

What do they tell you at GCSE?
Original post by She-Ra
What do they tell you at GCSE?

That the electron arrangement is like 2,8,8 etc. Fine I may have been exaggerating when I said lie tbh
Definitely the A-level Chemistry shock! Who knew what orbitals were before that!!
When they tell you to stop rocking on your chair because " they knew someone who cracked their head open doing it" no you didn't boss.
Reply 12
It's all going to be fine, the exams will be easy. :colonhash:
History is fun.
We're going to do some exciting maths today.:colonhash:
You haven't done as badly as you think you have.
Original post by junayd1998
When they tell you to stop rocking on your chair because " they knew someone who cracked their head open doing it" no you didn't boss.

yup defo can relate :biggrin:
That we d fail if we used English words in our Welsh exam, they gave me an A* for that gcse.
That the world is our oyster :'(
#thecakeisalie
If you don't pay attention you'll fail all your exams.
The mother will reject the baby frog if you touch it ( found a little froglet)
Reply 18
'This quiz will not contribute to your final grade!' :angry:
Everyone used to take out their water bottles in the science labs when we weren't supposed to. Our teacher told us that one time someone accidentally drank hydrochloric acid because they thought it was water. :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest