The Student Room Group

What excites you the most about starting uni? [Golden Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Considering I'll be living at home for at least 2 years of my MSc degree, I think its encouraging and helps
me slowly transition to university life at my own comfortable pace. Also, juggling things such as :dumbells: ,
dieting/nutrition, meal prepping will still go on as usual but without the hassle of knowing that x person nicked
my meal prep for today from their drunken hangover + loud music = :rip: to my :work: gains.

I guess its just about balancing everything but more so what you want out of university.
I give it couple months, probably until early February and the novelty of being at university would wear out. :yes:

#LIFE #GOES #ON :moon:

I don't think I've seen a post from you that doesn't mention gym..

:dumbells:
Although I have a few years left, tow things that will excite me is Cricket and surely my course. Doing the subjects you love is always fun and enjoyable
Reply 62
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
If you don't mind me asking, what did you study & where?
How was 1st year different for you in comparison to 2nd year? Just + workload increase or other factors aswell such as?

No of course that's fine! I'm doing history at the University of Sussex. Well I've had plenty of problems with my flat that I'm in, but yes increased workload as well.

For me, first year still felt a bit like A level? But then second year felt like what I expected university to be like - actually spending time a lot of time in the library for starters :redface: independent essays, group presentations, having to manage your schedule so you can do your essay.

I didn't get to go out clubbing as much, I couldn't really afford to miss lectures or seminars because it felt more important - especially as this year counted. Hope that's helped a bit!
Original post by PugDevil
In case you didn't know, university is just around the corner - as if the countdown on the home page for Results Day wasn't bad enough :colone:

Let's focus on what excites you about the thought of university. For myself it was definitely the thought of independence :excited: Although being away from my parents has made me appreciate them 100% more, I miss being away from them now!

But hold on a second, I may have forgot to mention a certain something...

This is a golden thread. Join in with this discussion before 26 August 2016 to be in with a chance of winning an iPad air 2!

What excites you the most about starting uni?

Other golden threads:

Spoiler

The chance to stand on my own 2 feet and use my independce for the goos in my life if ygm? Prove to my parents that I'm not a little kid anymore and can make decisions (and handle my mistakes lol). Excited to meet loads of new people! I can't wait to join a debate tbh XD
Making a fresh start with new friends, will be interesting to see how things go with people that I haven't known since primary school.
Joining the knitting club @ durham.
I'm looking forward to studying a course that I really enjoy! All the way through school and college, we've had a set syllabus to follow the entire time, and I'm looking forward to being able to choose what I learn and what interests me. I'm looking forward to meeting new people (it may be daunting at first) but I can't wait for that opportunity to meet people who I will be living with, as well as the ones I'll have lessons with :smile:
Getting away from my family, and fully being able to do what i want, when i want without being accoutable to anyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Freshers week antics, new found independence and expanding my social circle.
learning something new and having less stress to deal with...
Results day being out the way. :smile:
Scheduling my classes, more space and overall it just sounds fun. Hectic but fun.
Reply 72
Being entirely responsible for myself
Most excited about starting my course, meeting people from different parts of the world and the feeling of independency although it is a bit scary lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's got to be making a fresh start and meeting new people!
this may sound negative but i just wanna move somewhere far and explore the world for myself
Original post by hezzlington
I don't think I've seen a post from you that doesn't mention gym..

:dumbells:
lol
My course - it's something I've never really studied before and I love it :biggrin:
The thing that excites me most about starting university is studying a subject I find incredibly interesting. A subject that will also give me a great boost in my desire to apply to the JET Programme. I'm looking forward to meeting other people on my course as well, but with me being a mature student and a commuter, and having my job eat away at my weekends I'm not holding out much hope to create long lasting bonds with many people at uni :redface:
Living independently! I had my house to myself during October half-term and loved it, so I'm looking forward to life being like that, but full-time. I'm also quite excited about studying Law as I didn't do it at A level, though I'm sure my excitement will completely disappear when it's time to do legal research, write essays and actually do work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending