The Student Room Group

Which GCSE subject can you not wait to ditch? [golden thread]

Scroll to see replies

English🔫 But I still have one more year💔
Science has been the bane of my existence since I started at comp, so dropping that is the greatest feeling
(edited 7 years ago)
I was so happy to drop English and IT. I'd loved IT before GCSE but it turned out to be super boring! I strongly disliked English at GCSE and found it unbelievably dull as well.

Still have to do PE at my sixth form, though. :cry:
English Lit! and Geography
Reply 224
Definitely English Lang & Lit, All Sciences and Maths. Maybe a bit ironic because I'm doing computer science at AS which does involve a lot of maths, but pure maths I just hate.
History - the grade boundaries are almost impossible I find and it takes away from the content, which I otherwise find genuinely interesting.
Um... I took maths, further maths, English lit and Lang, triple science, RS, Latin, history French and music... And I enjoyed all of them so I'm stuck with what to do at A Level. I dropped all the subjects I didn't like at year 9.

Does anybody else feel this way?
ART! I knew there would be a lot of coursework but WOW I was not expecting for there to be so much of it. Wanted to do everything in watercolours mostly but I couldnt do that TT^TT

Chemistry was also a real b****. The Controlled Assessments for German were the worst though...
I'm surprised I haven't seen anybody say Latin yet.

As much as I very highly doubt I've passed it, I'll be glad when I never have to think about the passive pluperfect subjunctive or 'Caecilius est in horto' ever again.
Physics. 100% PHYSICS.
Woah, so many... Especially all the compulsory subjects.
I struggle to chose but I think it's mostly Physics and English.
However if all of them then also French, Biology and Chemistry.
Reply 231
Definitely Maths. Hated it so bad just hoping to get a B.
Reply 232
****ing french
Probably English Lit and Statistics
Maths (hopefully) :eek: and physics!!!!!
Definitely Humanities and Additional Science
FRENCH! And health and social
RE is gone from my life for good. No more bible quotes with references that are ridiculously hard to learn. No more class discussions that devolve into an argument between the teacher and that one kid (you know the type). No more narcissistic hipster teachers that believe they know the meaning of life.

Thank God for that.
French and English language because the games hang-man and who am I have now been overplayed. Almost as boring as the lessons themselves. Good luck to the younger generations who have to withstand that compulsory blabber.

(But thanks sir for pretending not to realise my French pen pal wrote my coursework)
English and Spanish.

Quick Reply

Latest