The Student Room Group

Which GCSE subject can you not wait to ditch? [golden thread]

Scroll to see replies

English Language, extremely tedious, especially at my school where we did one paper every week afterschool on a monday from September to May.
Religion and Philosophy.

The most pointless ******** I have ever had to pretend to study for 5 years of my life.
Physics ://
It took me about three tries to understand anything, I got a B in my mock and my teacher told me it was disappointing, I've resented it since then
Religious education. Opinions of other people don't interest me or stick in
my head, plus I had a nasty teacher!
Citizenship studies was by far the worst (so bad that we labelled it s**tter-than-s**t). I didnt like religious studies so much but its all good education to make our minds more open. ..
Reply 65
Original post by JTran38
Computing - Complete utter nightmare as it is with OCR. Controlled Assessments are a pain in the neck as people leak answers and the tasks that they set are worded purposely to confused a person like me. Also my teacher is really annoying. @Lemur14 obviously knows my constant problems with this particular subject. :P

I completely agree with you! I found the coursework assignments confusing so I just guessed what I had to do. My teacher was completely useless and didn't help me at all, and even took my code to give to other students! I am so glad I'm not doing Computing next year, I don't think it was interesting and was a waste of my time. I just wish I had switched subjects! o____O
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 66
je deteste le francais
FRENCH!!
ENGLISH LANGUAGE , but I think I did terrible on the exam so I'll probably have to retake it next year :frown:
Chemistry, Physics and French:colonhash:
Human bio, English lit, & Turkish :biggrin:
Reply 71
I finished my GCSEs in 2015 but if there was one subject I'm unbelievably glad I don't have to study anymore, its got to be English Literature.

I simply didn't see the point in knowing the meaning behind Romeo's oxymorons, thank you very much.
Definitely English and Geography!
Reply 73
BYE SCIENCES.
also, it wasn't a GCSE subject but goodbye PE. Forever.
Man! I'm so glad I'm finally done with year 11! Finally ditching both English language and literature, flipping PE which was mandatory and a waste of time. And OMGGG PHYSICS! I will never miss that subject and the last one would probably be maths.

Good luck to all the year 11s- our results will be reveled in less than 20 days.
Reply 75
Computer Science. Massive mistake for me personally, only subject that I didn't feel confident getting an A/A* in
ideally, freaking all of them! :frown:
English! I didn't mind it but my teacher was terrible and completely ruined it for me
I hated learning the sciences but when it came to the exams i didnt mind them
oh and art! too much coursework and the teachers were really annoying, especially since one of them just randomly decided to leave last year so the whole department was struggling
My least favourite subject was Music, I took it as an extra GCSE after school with a friend, and when my teacher left for maternity at Christmas, the replacement was so drastically awful that it quickly turned from my favourite subject to one that I couldn't wait to finish. Basically taught myself everything I hadn't already learned and had to put up with him complaining about my coursework (although my old teacher marked it and gave me A* but whateverrr🙄) and attempting to teach me stuff from the wrong exam board. Didn't even get a good luck during our last lesson before the exam!!
DT (Product Design):angry:, English, Physics (even though I don't mind some topics)

Quick Reply

Latest