Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

How long does it take to get passport back?

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I have applied for a loan and will have to send my passport (EU citizen) to the SFE. MY question is how long it will take to get it back? I will be going on holidays and without passport I cannot fly. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi tim79

We advise you not to send your passport if you need it within 6 weeks, as it can take up to this time to be assessed. If you will be travelling within this time please send it once you return. Alternatively, if you have an EU ID card, you can send this.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Dear Morven, only saw this now and had just sent you a PM. If I send it after my holidays it means it will still take six weeks after that until the loan gets approved and well after the day I start the study. Is that correct?
    (Original post by Morven SFE)
    Hi tim79

We advise you not to send your passport if you need it within 6 weeks, as it can take up to this time to be assessed. If you will be travelling within this time please send it once you return. Alternatively, if you have an EU ID card, you can send this.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tim79)
    Dear Morven, only saw this now and had just sent you a PM. If I send it after my holidays it means it will still take six weeks after that until the loan gets approved and well after the day I start the study. Is that correct?
    Hi Tim, Passports can take up to 6 weeks to be processed and returned to you. We would recommend you send in your ID card - if applicable instead of your passport. If you do not have an ID card then you will need to wait until youve returned to send in your Passport to us. Your payments may be delayed and application may not be approved until after you start.

Alternatively, if you are applying as an EU student for tuition fees only you can have your passport certified and can send us a certified copy of your Passport.

Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    Hi Tim, Passports can take up to 6 weeks to be processed and returned to you. We would recommend you send in your ID card - if applicable instead of your passport. If you do not have an ID card then you will need to wait until youve returned to send in your Passport to us. Your payments may be delayed and application may not be approved until after you start.

Alternatively, if you are applying as an EU student for tuition fees only you can have your passport certified and can send us a certified copy of your Passport.

Thanks,
    I am applying for a postgraduate loan tuition only, but my understanding is that only an original passport is allowed. A certified copy is simple simple since I already live in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tim79)
    I am applying for a postgraduate loan tuition only, but my understanding is that only an original passport is allowed. A certified copy is simple simple since I already live in the UK.
    Hi Tim, As you are applying for Post Graduate Loan you are required to supply your original ID - Passport or ID card. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi Tim, As you are applying for Post Graduate Loan you are required to supply your original ID - Passport or ID card. Thanks
    Dear Morven SFE,

I have sent my passport with Special Delivery Guaranteed and I have a signature, etc. for delivery. However, when I log into my account I do not see any sort of confirmation that either my passport, or the accompanying form, have been received.

Can you help?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I got two letters one saying additional evidence needed: passport. The second letter says, I guess because I sent my passport, that my loan has been approved. The website says payment scheduled.
    My question is: when will my passport be send back to me?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Tim,

As we cannot access your account on The Student Room I would advise you to call us on 0300 100 0031 and one of our advisors can check if your passport has been returned or can request for this to be done as long as it has been processed.

Thanks

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.