Do universities accept lower grades? Specifically University of Essex Watch

sebnagy22
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I received a conditional offer from Essex for Accounting and Finance. The requirements are A Level grades BB and a BTEC Diploma with Distinction Distinction.

In my BTEC I know I received D*D*. However, in my A Levels I expect to get a B and a D as I know that I messed up one of my exams but it should be saved by my coursework hopefully.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sebnagy22)
I received a conditional offer from Essex for Accounting and Finance. The requirements are A Level grades BB and a BTEC Diploma with Distinction Distinction.

In my BTEC I know I received D*D*. However, in my A Levels I expect to get a B and a D as I know that I messed up one of my exams but it should be saved by my coursework hopefully.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4100183
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

There's no way to answer this - even Essex don't know yet.

It is common for universities to accept people who have missed their offer conditions - but there are no guarantees and sometimes a university or a course could be oversubscribed or feel that the grades you've dropped mean you'll be unable to do well on the course.
super_kawaii
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

No one can say apart from the individual department on A Level results day. There are so many factors that can influence their decision whether to accept or reject you. How many people have firmed your course, how many people have insured your course, how many people meet their offer, how many people miss their offer and how much by, how much you miss your offer by if you do, how many people renounce their offer on results day to go through clearing or adjustment etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

13.58%
12.82%
2 (99)
12.56%
18.65%
22.97%
19.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise