Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Worcester University? im going in september and i just wondered what people thought of it!?

thanx

(Original post by sassychick)
    Worcester University? im going in september and i just wondered what people thought of it!?

thanx
    Who?

ReputationRep:

thanx
    I don't really know much about it. Sorry for not being any help!

ReputationRep:
    so obviously its not a well known uni!!

ReputationRep:
    I think its an HE college, I have heared it mentioned before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I think its an HE college, I have heared it mentioned before.

its a university college and its trying to get full uni status in the next couple of years

ReputationRep:

thanx
    First thing it makes me think of is sauce.

ReputationRep:
    I've never heard of it, but like Kez Man, I think of sauce.

ReputationRep:
    Worcester Uni is a former teacher training college now established as a university college, transfering to full university status in the next couple of years. For more vocational subjects and the sport related academic subjects, Worceseter is pretty good and the city (although I wouldn't say it is a particularly big city) is fairly good, with a few decent clubs. However, in terms of pure academic subjects there such as Psychology, Worcester isn't particularly good and especialy not very well known.

Due to the fact that the Uni is also fairly small, there are only a few halls of residence, and u will find that many of the students are fairly local so it won't be particularly busy at the weekends.

Basically, Worcester is good for the more vocational subjects and sports related subjects but not realy anythin else and if you want to be in a party lovin place especialy at the weekends, you probably won't find that at Worcester either.

ReputationRep:

thanx
    One of my friends goes there and is really enjoying it - she's just finished her first year. What are you going to be studying? She is doing an HND in Outdoor Recreation Management (?!)...I know, it sounds like a silly course and it is, but if she enjoys it then fair enough! There isn't that much to do in Worcester but it's quite a nice city, some decent shops, pubs, bars etc. The union is pretty good as well apparently. The employment figures (96%) seem good and the Uni mostly consists of students studying Education-related courses.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard of it, it's not that bad I guess. It's quite cool that Worcester university college will have a university status. Another new university after Bolton achieving a university status.

ReputationRep:
    im doing teacher training, which i think worcester is good at! im not really into big city life so worcester will suit me i think, theres always Birmingham which isnt far away!

ReputationRep:
    im doing teacher training, which i think worcester is good at! im not really into big city life so worcester will suit me i think, theres always Birmingham which isnt far away!
    Yeah most of the students @ Worcester are doing teacher training....my friend normally lives in London and she enjoys it there so the nightlife can't be that bad...

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.