Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon everyone,

Im hoping someone could help with my query. I attended university 2009-2012 however due to a multitude of reasons my final year became very sporadic and i left midway through the final year. As i didnt officially drop out all my modules/exams went down as non-submissions.

Now, a few years later, i am in a good place and would love the opportunity to possibly redo my entire final year. I passed the first two years however as said my final year were all non-submissions meaning i failed i imagine.I have enquired with the university who are showing great support however i wanted to get some help on if i am eligible for student finance to retake my whole third year?

From what ive read they normally allow 3 years plus one year incase you need to resit the year however i am wondering if this is still applicable to myself?

Any help is massively appreciated
    Thank you.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hi

The rule regarding previous study states that students are entitled to the ordinary duration of their course plus 1 extra year (OD +1), minus any previous study (PS) if it can be included as per prior guidance. Please see calculation shown below: (OD+1) - PS = Entitlement. Remaining years of entitlement will be awarded in the final years of the course. This means if the remaining entitlement for a 3 year course is 1 year, then the student would receive full funding in year 3.

If you are only sitting the final year, then you should be entitled to funding for this.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.