Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mac foundation made me breakout like crazy watch

ReputationRep:
    Have you experienced this too?

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on the foundation and how well you clean the make-up off afterwards.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    I've heard a lot of people say this but it hasn't done so for me. I don't wear foundation too often though, and use the face and body one which is very lightweight, maybe that's why.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What is your skin type and which of their foundations did you use? It's highly dependent on those kinds of things
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by saraxh)
    I don't think you're alone in this. While I haven't ever tried Mac, my friend has - and it made her skin break out. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I use MAC pro longwear waterproof foundation because I have difficult skin and need the coverage! I haven't found that it makes me break out. What usually gets me is not washing my sponges or brushes enough or just good old hormones! 🙃 I'd recommend going to MAC first off, if you haven't already, and making an appointment so they can tell you which of their foundations will work for you. Also washing your brushes at least once a week with an anti-bacterial wash (the anti-bac fairy liquid works fine!). I think that's realistic although I still try to spritz some brush cleaner on them every night and give them a quick wipe. Hope this helps 👍🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My friend, mum and me agree that MAC foundation isn't the best anymore, my friend has pretty bad acne and it made it worse for her, especially since she wanted full coverage. Why not switch to a different foundation brand? My friend now uses Bobbi Brown, personally I thought it was cakey but it gives full coverage, and she has dry skin. I switched to Nars and it feels lighter for normal skin. I guess each brand appeals to different people because of certain aspects or the way it works with your skin, so your best option is to probably explore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    None of the MAC foundations are really that great. I never use them on my clients and stick with others.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.