Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is it too late for appying for tuition fee loan from SAAS for year 07/08?
    Everyone kept assuring me that you can get a loan when you're already studying (9 months from start), so I didn't worry about it till now. On SAAS website there is written that a deadline for applications for support was 30th of June for academic year 07/08. Does it concern also application for tuition fee loan?
    I'm starting the uni this year, i'm the student and if I won't get this loan I will probably have to give up and study in my country. I was accepted in Uni of Edinburgh.
    So, please tell me how is it with this application deadline. I would really appreciate suggestions/instructions what I shall do now. Thank you for any help. This is urgent.

ReputationRep:
    You do realise there's a thread in here already about student loans that you could have posted in to get more replies right?
    As far as i know you have until next June to claim your tuition fees from SAAS if you're starting university this autumn but the sooner you do it the better. You'll have to pay up front yourself and claim back the cash if you don't apply before you start at uni.
    I'm no expert though so ask in the other thread and you'll get definite answers
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    the deadline refers to last date to apply in order to receive payments for the start of term.

But your university may charge you tuition fees at the start of term if you don't have a letter from SAAS saying they will pay the fees, so the earlier you apply the better.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles

Official student finance zone

Quick Link

Unanswered SAAS Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.